frag party or par tee

Mr S

All righty! I finally stopped procrastinating and cut you a check. Going out in the mail tomorrow to the school! I will definitely bring the camera, awaiting the thrilling moment when someone glues themselves to something! Good times! laugh

BTW, we'll bring some chow, too. And as for times, I dunno. If you give enough notice, Jay might be able to get it off. If not, he gets off at five on the weekends. Usually a bit later during the week. Just keep in mind, we have a 45 minute-ish drive!

Stacy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladiebuggy you are on the list. It will be at my school. PM me and I will send you the address so you can send me the check. Found out last nite that if you go away from the par tee disappointed I would be completely amazed. There are some awesome sps on the way!!!! whooo hoooo

There are now 8 people involved in this activity. I will close it off on Sunday of this week. As of May 21st. For signed up people we will meet at noon on JUne 3rd. R3 make sure you read this a coulple of times!!!!! I will keep you posted as we get nearer to the party time.

Party, party, party!!!!!

I told my "special friend" that I was going to go to a frag party. He was suprised and worried (maybe even jealous) until he got that it was corals (or fishy stuff as he calls it) instead of young hot guys. Hehe.

I am really excited for this event, and very happy that it is in my neighborhood. Does anyone know if the liquid calcium works enough to get by for a couple of months, or if I should get a calcium reactor prior to the party?

Susie(party) (fish) (clap)

You need to get a calcium tester, preferably Salifert. If these are going to be your first SPS you should be fine depending on what your doing now, I just dose the usuall kalk and I have liquid ca on hand but I never need it due to I don't have enough SPS yet that leech my ca levels below what Kalk makes up.

Get a ca tester and keep an eye, if dosing kalk and liquid ca wont keep up then you need ca reactor, unless you got the money, but you will probably overdose.

I dose kalk and use Seachem calcium blocks. They dissolve as the tank needs calcium, keeps it pretty stable at 400ppm. You also need to test alk. For me, alk must be dosed daily even while dosing kalk 24/7.

Ideally, a 2-part additive would work best for you, especially if these will be your first few SPS corals. I've used B-Ionic and had great results.

Yes, Miles said he is bringing it to the party. We have 9 total people signed up to participate. I have money from the following people:

Greg (ringworm)

Jay (and Stacy)

Bob (Lowman)

Miles (Impur)

Mr. S (he is really good about paying on time LOL)

Bummed ive been making a weekend trip Just to pick up salmondine every weekend in portland leaving friday and comming back Sunday .. Im not sure i am getting the group emails of invites can someone from the board try and pm me or email me thanks Tammy

Well i need to make another for my 55gal i hope to set up around the end of summer. Maxijet mods on either end connected to the swirler-stein should create some major chaotic flow. 3000gph and chaotic flow for $50 or less. How can you beat that?