Mohaynow's tft zoa growout

Ok, the frags are made and the games is set to begin. Heres the rules.

1. No cheating, if you are caught altering your frag plug, photoshopping, or in any other way altering your frag or pics. You will be disqualified.

2. An update is required at the begining of each month, due no later than the 5th. If you do not update with at least a poly count you will be disqualified. A picture is prefered but not required except for the first and final updates.

3. With your first post with your polyp count please include a brief writeup of your system. Let us know what you're working wth.

4. The winner will be based on poly count. I tried very had to make sure that all the frags had the same number of polyps on them with connective tissue between all 3 polyps.

The contest will run from the 20th of February till the end of May, with the final polyp counts due June 5th.

list of participants

paying members

1) Smann picked up and paid

2) Hozer 21 picked up 2/22/2011 and paid

3) Pantherguy30 paid picked up

4) Emerald525/Tanktop74 (sharing a spot) paid picked up

5) Jeramy paid picked up

6) Stylaster plans to picked up

7) Coralcrazy paid

8) Nhoffee

9) Vicarious Cynic

10) The Professor paid picked up

11) Mr S paid

12) ReefnJunkie picked up

13) H20dvl paid picked up

14) Noobtosalt paid picked up

15) Mitchell paid picked up

16) Topher paid picked up

17) Kimberlee paid picked up

18) Sharoleb paid picked up

19) Crazyinside paid picked up

Nonpaying members

20) Cellowithgills paid

Alternates

Hewey Mclovit

I will be contacting sponsors to try and get some prizes donated. depending on the number of donations the prize structure will go as follows

1st place gets first pick of 3 prizes

2nd place gets pick of 2 prizes

3rd place gets pick of 2 prizes

and the rest of the prizes will get distribted among the remaining participants in order of placement

in the case of a tie a paying member will get first pick, if they are both paying members then i will use a random list generator to decide who gets to pick in what order.

Heres a link to the previous thread

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?30666-Zoa-growout-contest

I'm sure I will think of something else to include later so stay tuned!

Update:

Prizes!!!! Some of our awesome sponsors have donated some prizes, heres what I have so far. 2 $25 gift certificates from The Premium Aquarium and a suplement package also from them. $25 gift certificate from Totally Exotic Corals of Oregon. And to one lucky winner goes a round of disc golf and lunch with Myself, Mr S, and Mr Wheeling. Also, a sun coral from Golden Basket. I will try my best to get more prizes as the contest contiunues.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my frag today so figured I would put my info and polyp count with pics up. 30 gallon cube with 150watt MH with 2 pc actinics. With a koralia 2 powerhead on a wave timer. Tank feeds into a 75 gallon sump and is hooked into my 90 gallon reef.

Start: 3 polyps

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12355[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12356[/ATTACH]

post-6381-14186776111_thumb.jpg

post-6381-141867761116_thumb.jpg

73 gallon frag tank plumbed into main display running 2 sumps roughly 600 gallons total working water volume.

Real simple GFO, and a calcium reactor.

Lighting-DIY LED fixture

Flow-MP20 with Pentair Quiet One 4000 return pump

Frag looked great opened up while floating in bag-(clap)

Here it is floating-3 polyps

IMG_3507.jpg

and here it is in the tank

IMG_3505.jpg

(whistle)(whistle)(whistle)

Ok here is the real frag-towards the back right hand side almost directly below the clown, the one with 3 polyps not the 10 or so magiciansbetter pic 1st update-:p

IMG_3509.jpg

So when can we start trash talking?

I want to make sure its ok before I let Kim and Beth know I plan to smack the clam juice out of them in this GO-(naughty)

LMK

14 gallon Biocube small air driven protien skimmer lighting is 4 ecoxotic stunner strips 2 453 blue 2 8,000k tank is 5 months old no dosing just weekly water changes.(clap) I did have a small misshap in transport and knocked the fram free of the plug and had to reglue it this morning.(booboo)

2-20-12 3 polyps

DSCF1044.jpg

75 gallon truvue tank built in sump (kind of), cheap skimmer, with 4 t5 bulbs. 3 adult polyps...are we not counting nubs?

aefdd946-f863-38dc.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I think it was just the few who got their frags early (nono) or picked them up for others (clap)that had the luxery of cherry picking, oops DOH! I mean inadvertantly ending up with mutated frag that had nubs(huh).

There was this one frag I sawin one persons tank that looked like it had about 8, maybe 16 nub type bumps(whistle), I did not say anything becuase it'll make it sweeter(naughty) knocking the salt out of em (rock2)as their frag slowly melts in there tank (scary)

(kneel)

winner1.gifBlue_nods.gif

bigblue.gif

I did have a small misshap in transport and knocked the fram free of the plug and had to reglue it this morning.

I vote for disqualification due to frag altering (laugh)

if you are caught altering your frag plug, photoshopping, or in any other way altering your frag or pics. You will be disqualified.

75 gallon main tank with 20 gallon sump, skimmer, filter sock, bio pellets, 6x48 t5ho lighting, mp10es, korilla 3 and 2.

alk dosing sometimes, trying out kalk, 10-15 gallon water change every week or two.

Two with two babies

6913673691_e02b503441_z.jpg

6913674443_8ab6279a58_z.jpg

I also have Vicarious Cynic frag

Three

6913675285_fd84c50704_z.jpg

6913676229_f5514ed863_z.jpg

are we not counting nubs?

Winner will be based on polyp count, not nub, half polyp, double mouthed polyp (still counts as one), babie almost about to maybe open polyp counts. Only fully opened polyps will count. They can be small polyps but nubs and the previously mentioned thingies will not count towards final polyp count.

Dang its about time someone stepped up and laid down the gaunlet.

I have just today started on a secret weapon that I "may" reveal in the coming weeks

NOT (nono)

A little smack talkin is good, hell last one I was in mine blew away too, I'm just glad "The Savage" is not in this one, or at least I did not see his name, granted I never looked either (laugh)

Good luck everyone these can be fun!

It would not have mattered

J/K man, its all good, trouts just trying to thin the field to help himself out

Got it my bad =)

I think it is kind of amazing to see the drastic color diffrences of every ones frags under diffrent lights and picture taking skills!

What was I sposed to do leave it there flopping around till it fell off?

No worries man, I was just joking. I'm pretty sure we have all had our fair share of frag mishaps. I gotta watch my turbo snails or else I'll be re-gluing my frag too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk