What a Night

Emerald525

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow so sorry to hear this. just plain sucks' date=' keep an eye out on craigslist and the local live auctions as thats where there most likely to show up, the auction I worked for had lost of stolen things go thru. again so sorry to hear but glad you two where not home at the time[/quote']

I would check with all the local pawn shops too, the couple of times I have ever been in a pawn shop (Wasn't my choice) there was a line going out the door of people trying to hawk stuff, I often wondered how many of those items where stolen...Craigslist is a good idea, unfortunatley most sentimental stuff that is taken is often ditched...People piss me off...

I too am sorry this happened and I think the main thing is that you both are fine which is good. I was recently broken into at work and they stole sentimental items and it a violation which sucks! And the worst part for me was it made me feel terrible because they were gone. I hope and pray you get everything back.

No bueno ladies. Sorry to hear about the violation. I have had alarm systems in my homes and it tends to help "I think". I have window sensors, motion, door, you name it. My dogs set it off once in awhile though too. If you still have your larger german shepard (didn't see them at the meeting) I would think twice about walking into the house that's for sure.

I actually had this happen to someone i know recently also... They stole $7,000 in stuff including electronics and game systems, laptops, and ipods. (ALL HIS KIDS STUFF) I hope you guys can get something back from homeowners insurance if you have it. Good luck!

Ladies, I'm glad you & the kids are OK. This just plain stinks! I truly wish the dogs could have gotten hold of them & gnawed on their testicles for awhile. Can I use that word? if not please delete it & reprimand me accordingly. Maybe the next house they break into, they will get hit by a car running away.

I have never, nor will I, understood the type of person that thinks that it's ok to break into someone's home, a store, etc. and freely take whatever they want. Times are tough all over, but I just don't get how they think it's fine to steal from someone else. They need a kick in the hoo-hah... no matter why they did it.

Thanks everyone for the support. Most of the glass is picked up but we are still finding little pieces. My computer is up and running again now that I have the wireless drive back. The window will be repaired soon and a new alarm system is coming soon but in the interim Bart , the larger German Shepherd was visiting at my brother's but he is back and hungry and waiting(threaten). Now we are just trying to take inventory of what this person all took. All is well now it's just more of a big pain in the butt. Like someone said. I'm sure it was some loser tweaker who has probably already struck again and will continue until he gets his loser butt thrown back in jail. Just be careful everyone. Thanks again for all the support and help everyone. It's very much appreciated.

More GSD's! A guy came over to my house and said "OMG, that is one huge German Shepard". Unfortunately, Cloudy has never been aggressive towards humans. Scumbags like these make you re-access you faith in people after being violated.

The weirdist thing that was stolen was ashtrays from the front porch. It has happened three times. Seems there is a mentally ill man two blocks away that comes over to borrow smokes. I told him finally that I didn't mind him coming over to visit but trying to borrow smokes all the time was getting tiresome.

Wow girls, sorry to hear about the break in. Beth I think it is time to get a ninja pug. She would have opened the door and let the german shepard in for a special thief tasting! I am surprised with your neighbors that close to you that it happened but it is Sellwood. Even when I was a kid Sellwood had a reputation. I am glad no one was hurt but sorry about the sentimental things. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help except you cant borrow Ruby the ninja pug because she is all booked up for our house.

We just had our alarm installed through xfinity. It's quite the system.

Kris came over and installed our new window and did an awesome job!(rock2)(rock2)

I also still have Bart here as well.

Thanks again for all the support. Be careful everyone. It can happen to anyone. The cop told us they hit the golf course area the night before and there has not been crime there for years. Consider getting an alarm system. Definitely make sure all of your doors and windows are locked.

Thanks again Mattv for coming over right away and boarding up the window.

Archived