Baby Angler and no more dinner....almost. ;-}

skulls_and_sparrows

Thought I would share this kind of fun photo of my angler with a bit of meal still not quite finished (its not gross I promise)...I fed him a ghost shrimp tonight it was as big as he is (which is not big, about the size of a half dollar) and while he managed to eat the shrimp in one bite, he could not get the antennas fully down just yet...so they are just sticking out of his mouth as if its normal, LMAO. Figure I would take a pic, and share it. I apologize for the photo, he is in a little 2 gal pico for the moment (the frag tank gets here this week and that is where he will be moving to), so there is just a false wall with an overflow in the back and a heater, no filters, pads or anything, so it makes for stuff in the water...

So here is Caption Fugly and his almost finished dinner...

angler-2.jpg

wow he is awesome i have been wanting a wartskin angler for a while now' date=' he is a great looking angler ah i wish i could set up a new tank and get one keep the pics coming so i wont be tempted to spend money i dont have for one lol[/quote']

I will once he moves into his new home....

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Just got this 27gal cube and stand. Was originally planning a FW planted tank but I keep seeing these awesome anglers......

IMAG0391.jpg

Get an angler there is a sweet one on divers den!!!!! And he's a good size....I can tell you a bit bigger is way better then small, mines cool cause he is so tiny, BUT food choices are super limited because he is so small...so one that is 2.5-3" would be a good size! You'll love it!!!

Do you have a lot of flow through the sump...They do.NOT do well with flow as they don't swim at all really...

I wouldn't banish these cool guys to a sump...but that's me...

don't have it setup yet, expecting about 400gph through the sump, about 100-150 through the fuge area (just what drips off the algae scrubber)

don't have it setup yet' date=' expecting about 400gph through the sump, about 100-150 through the fuge area (just what drips off the algae scrubber)[/quote']

that would probably be fine, but honestly, you wont want one down.there because you'll want to watch him and sumps dont make good for veiwing.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

Not to mention where are you going to topoff your tank? Where will you dose? These anglers are sensitive, they are hardy, but sensitive if you are dosing things and/or changing the SG by topping off your tank in the area they are trying to live.

Archived