Clowns hosting two hairy mushrooms

Googs

It seems pretty common, clowns don't seem to be the smartest fish on the block, I have seen them try and host Torch Corals, FrogSpawn, Toadstools, basically anything that even REMOTELY resembles an anemone...lol, I have seen tanks where thier has been an anemone in the tank and they still choose to host other things instead...I have a pair of clowns that within 10 minutes of putting a Torch Coral in the tank started trying to host it, meanwhile sitting only a foot away is a RBTA...(scratch)....lol(laugh) Gotta love clownfish!(clap)

Actually rereading my post...it would be the clownfish that are being hosted right?..I always get that mixed up...but you get the idea...

The mushrooms used to care but now they never close up. One of the clowns sleeps under the open mushroom and uses it as a blanket. But about a year ago a hairy mushroom in my girlfriends tank ate her molly. I just keep expecting one day to have one less clown.

It seems pretty common, clowns don't seem to be the smartest fish on the block, I have seen them try and host Torch Corals, FrogSpawn, Toadstools, basically anything that even REMOTELY resembles an anemone...lol, I have seen tanks where thier has been an anemone in the tank and they still choose to host other things instead...I have a pair of clowns that within 10 minutes of putting a Torch Coral in the tank started trying to host it, meanwhile sitting only a foot away is a RBTA...(scratch)....lol(laugh) Gotta love clownfish!(clap)

Actually rereading my post...it would be the clownfish that are being hosted right?..I always get that mixed up...but you get the idea...

It actually makes a lot of sense since Percs and occs. Don't host BTAs in the wild. To them a BTA is probably as different from a carpet nem as a torch. Now if they chose a torch over a carpet i would scratch my head. (scratch)

Archived