John's 10 Gallon Custom Acrylic tank build!

Islandoftiki

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I changed out the bulbs in my fixture last night. Here's what I ended up with:

(Back to front)

ATI Blue +

ATI Blue +

Geissman Midday 6000k

ATI Purple +

Colors look a lot sharper/crisper and I like the overall color of the light in the tank. Now, let's see how the corals like it.

Also, I'm going to add another powerhead to the other side of the tank. Just a simple Koralia Nano 240 to help keep detritus from building up in the area underneath the MP10. I may put it on a timer. Or not. We'll see what effect it has on the circulation.

Well, this thread is long overdue for an update! I've been adding stock to this tank, but I've been so busy with the pest tank that I've been neglecting updating you all on what's new with the main display tank! Here are some pictures of the newest goodies! As most of you know, two local shops are moving to new locations and many new things were procured from their sales!

My sixline is still doing great. She's happy as a clam. My pod population is finally starting to get up to speed, so I'm sure she's happy about that!

Ricordea.jpg

This is the ricordea rock I've been working on for a couple weeks. It's looking nice and I'll fill in some more as I find ones I like. Most of these came from The Premium Aquarium in their shop moving sale! A couple are from Rose City Aquarium and one is from Upscales.

IMG_3210.jpg

Rose City Aquarium moving sale Duncans! They're particularly nice teal/pink. They were a little beat up when I got them, but they're doing great now. They're really thriving.

IMG_3211.jpg

I bought these pink palys in the group buy a month or two ago. They're really amazing and extremely fast growing. This had 4 full sized heads and two babies on it when I got it. It seems to have a new head every week. It's going to be a great addition as it grows out. Shouldn't take long!

IMG_3214.jpg

Another sale item. Coco worm. Beautiful color in an otherwise drab corner of the tank.

IMG_3216.jpg

Picked up these acans from skulls and sparrows the other day. He has some really nice acans!

IMG_3217.jpg

As always, two of the most active members of the tank...

IMG_3219.jpg

I moved my brain coral up to the top of this rock. It seems to like it. There are some nice zoas at the very top... no idea what they might be named -- don't care. The bright green ones are radioactive dragon eyes and the orange palys are called something or other. The frag plug is part of the growout contest. It's Green Slimer SPS. The last little bit of algae is here on this rock. It's slowly going away as I starve it out.

The GSP's in this picture are pretty slow growing. They've barely advanced in 6 months. The Gnome Glass skimmer in the background has been working great. I'm glad I bought it.

IMG_3222.jpg

That's it for now. The tank is slowly maturing and doing very well.

I am truely impressed with how much you can do with such a limited space. Before watching your builds my only small tank was a 2 gallon beta setup and I always thought it needed more space. Your threads have opened my eyes to the world of PICO!

I'm still adding stuff as I find things I like. I'm starting to branch out(pun intended) from softies a little. I'm just waiting until the last bits of algae give up the ghost before I add much more.

The Tunze Osmolator ATO is up and running as of Saturday and has been working great so far. The tank level hasn't changed more than a couple millimeters.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...