Majanos from Hell

Chindo

Hey guys

I have this 180g Tank going but my Majanos have gon out of control.... during the last two months i have not paid much attention to my tank other than feeding, testing and skimmer stuff and today finally had some time to play with it and whoa.... I have majanos everywhere... what would be the best way to get rid of them?

I was thinking of taking them out and putting in a trash can with saltwater and close the lid, would have circulation in there but hoping with no light they would die.

is there any other way i could get rid of them.. they are probably on 80% of my rock..(laugh) its pretty crazy how fast these suckers spread

If you don't want to kill the rock and start over, get yourself a bottle of aptasia x and get to killing them, will take several sessions of blasting them before you can say you are winning the battle, and just when you think you have won, give it a couple weeks and don't be suprised to see more, otherwise you would be better off using purified water unsalted and put your rock in there, the fresh water will kill them and all good bacteria, then start over.

westside should have some DI, but just to kill your rock I think using the water it produces will be fine, you just don't want to use tap water cuz the phosphates and chlorine will get into the rock and you will have alge issues for quite a while when you go to reuse the rock.

I had a Filefish for about 2 months and nothing.. Didn't touch one majano.. I too have wanted to try the zapper but 120 bucks is to much to try it. How about burning them off with torch? could i rinse them after and put them back in the tank? so far i think i need to take out all my rock just leave a few in there that don't have majanos for the bacteria. How long should i leave them in the fresh water?

I can atest to Franks comment regarding he HAD Majanos (no offense Frank-(whistle) it is what it is, and not it WAS-(laugh))

He had those suckers all over the place and a week or so when I was I noticed NOT 1

I know he has acanc/blastos and zoas, not sure it it dined on them or not-Its a small price to pay IMO to rid your tank of those suckers-

I had peppermint shrimp I put in from my old tank but it was only like 3 and I cannot find them anymore...... if I burn them with a torch what is the process of getting the rock back in my tank? Just rinse or should I give them a fresh water bath for a few months?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I tried to burn them zap them I tried everything it seem to make it worst the more I killed the more they cam back. The filefish was the only thing that worked. He did like acans but that was it. Going to try some more acans to see if he still like them.

I have had good results with the files as some eat them right away but some do take there time, I have had one decide it liked paly's and zoa's and acans so be aware but most have left everything else alone in my OP the best way to go if u want to naturally rid your tanks of these pests..

Im going to try some lime juice tonight and maybe have a torch fest this weekend.... if nothing works I may have to try a couple file fish again.... maybe my file fish was a girl and was on a diet (scratch).... Hopefully i can find something to control these sucker... Ill keep you guys posted... Does anyone in this Forum have a Zapper??? i would like to try it out

Archived