Jase's 57 Gallon Oceanic Rimless Peninsula!

jadams7

This tank looks amazing. I love the rimless look and the peninsula. Great job and can't wait to see what is to come. Also' date=' is the MP10 enough for the tank? I ask because I have a 40B and am wondering if I could get away with one MP10.[/quote']

Thanks! Right now the mp10 is enough for what I have in there. I am actually not running it at full blast, I am slowly raising it every couple days or so as to not shock any of the new inhabitants too quick. Nothing I have in there currently needs a lot of high flow, but I am in the process of trying to find another mp10 for the back wall. Also I am getting pretty good flow from the return (mag 7) with the two flow accelerators on there. I do have some SPS I will be trying though, so once I get my mp10 running at full blast then I will really know what else I need. I am impressed with how well just one mp10 has done though. I had an mp40w ES on there, and it was too much (and I hated the noise).

Very Cool System! Very jelous of that INSANELY awesome Neon Green Carpet' date=' Fantastic job on this system![/quote']

Thank you, I really love how he is just staying right where I want him to. Great looking anemone and seems to be real happy so far under the LEDs (not to mention how he glows like he came out of a nuclear plant when I just have the blues on).

• 1 month later...

Ok here is a bit of an update...I snapped a couple quick pics here. Sorry they arent the best, they are from my new Iphone and I havent played around much with the camera yet.

bf6a762b.jpg

db411fac.jpg

f4dac91b.jpg

6d68620d.jpg

e5828e8e.jpg

I have a variety of all corals in the tank now, including SPS that are doing great. Everything seems real happy, and I can see growth on everything, very exciting. Running out of real estate, so now I will probably just be letting things fill in and grow out, and try not to tamper with things as often (placement, etc). I plan on getting some sort of wrasse, and a small tang (to keep the algae picked clean if any comes up). The only other fish I have in the tank right now is a mandarin that is loving all of the space to himself. For flow I have a mp10 on one end, and I have been playing around adding my mp40 to the other end, but it seems to be having some little issues I will need to get worked out before I put it on there long-term.

• 7 months later...

now that you've had it up aand running for a while was curious about the black sand how is that working out for you? Was thinking of using it in my next build.. since I really like the briter colors was interested if you noticed the colors on yours pop out more and how is it for clearing?

thanks any input would be welcome

now that you've had it up aand running for a while was curious about the black sand how is that working out for you? Was thinking of using it in my next build.. since I really like the briter colors was interested if you noticed the colors on yours pop out more and how is it for clearing?

thanks any input would be welcome

I really like the black sand. It hasn't 'salt n peppered' as much as I thought it would, and I love the different look and the way it makes certain corals pop and stand out. I will probably keep up with the black sand for my next tank as well. I think it hides other algae and stuff a bit better than normal 'white' sand also. But if you are meticulous about anything not purely black being in the sand it may drive you crazy. Both are definitely cool, but if you want to try out something different, go black! Not saying once you do you will 'never go back' but its definitely fun so far haha.

I really like the black sand. It hasn't 'salt n peppered' as much as I thought it would' date=' and I love the different look and the way it makes certain corals pop and stand out. I will probably keep up with the black sand for my next tank as well. I think it hides other algae and stuff a bit better than normal 'white' sand also. But if you are meticulous about anything not purely black being in the sand it may drive you crazy. Both are definitely cool, but if you want to try out something different, go black! Not saying once you do you will 'never go back' but its definitely fun so far haha.[/quote']

Definitely does hide algae my black sand has salt n peppered nice thanks to my goby, I love it but I'm going coral rubble in the pico and bare bottom on my next build