Two fish questions, one post (=

Derbird

Hello everyone,

Fist off my False Percula Clownfish pair (Amphiprion ocellaris) decided to start hosting my Condy Anemone (Condylactis gigantea). (scary) I know this can happen but have read enough to be worried about the nem rejecting them and killing my baby's. Should I run out and get a bubble tip for them to host instead or just let it be. I seem to remember some one had them for sale at a good price. (whistle)

A side note - My current lighting is not strong enough to keep a bubble tip. I plan on upgrading in January but don't know if it would be ok until then. DOH!

My next question. I have a 4 1/2 inch Bristletooth Tang (Ctenochaetus binotatus). I would love to add another tang. My problem is I can't seem to find like size tangs locally. Is it a big deal if the new tang is smaller than the one currently in the tank? If not how small would be alright? I can find 2-3 inch blue hippo's and yellow tangs all day long. (fish)

Since the tangs are different body styles you shouldn't have too much of a problem. I'm adding three smaller yellow tangs about 3 1/2 inches as well as two Naso tangs about 5" to my tank on Thursday. They may fight just a bit but should calm down after a few days.

Good to hear, its just so hard to find the perfect sizes

IMO get the lights, then get the nem.

One tang for a 75g is enough.

Thats what I thought about the nem. I was just worried about my clowns

My saltwater tank is the 120 72" x 18" x 20" so I think I should be alright with a few tangs. 6' lenth from what I have read is ideal. Thats why I got this sweet tank.

Archived