Strange Acanthophyllia!

Algae

I went up to Garrett's Premium Aquarium on Saturday on a road trip with Clay and found this guy. I remember Garrett talking about it a month or two ago as being a very unusual morph with colors the same as a gold fluorescent Pavona Maldivinesis. It is truly a strange and very striking specimen. I moved it just before the pic so it is a little unhappy. Even so, it has it's tentacles ready (they were even extended in the bag) Very striking Acanthophyllia. I feel lucky to get it after being on display for so long! Thanks Garrett! I am a fan of these LPS!

DSC_0012.jpg

Pic with another, more typical Acanthophyllia and a Bleeding Apple Scolymia. None are really pleased with being moved and are under-inflated. The Acanthophyllia are about 4 inches or so.

DSC_0014-1.jpg

• 1 month later...
I went up to Garrett's Premium Aquarium on Saturday on a road trip with Clay and found this guy. I remember Garrett talking about it a month or two ago as being a very unusual morph with colors the same as a gold fluorescent Pavona Maldivinesis. It is truly a strange and very striking specimen. I moved it just before the pic so it is a little unhappy. Even so, it has it's tentacles ready (they were even extended in the bag) Very striking Acanthophyllia. I feel lucky to get it after being on display for so long! Thanks Garrett! I am a fan of these LPS!

DSC_0012.jpg

Pic with another, more typical Acanthophyllia and a Bleeding Apple Scolymia. None are really pleased with being moved and are under-inflated. The Acanthophyllia are about 4 inches or so.

DSC_0014-1.jpg

Very Nice and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you using the scientific names of these corals! A big thank you-

Archived