Yellow Tangs - fighting

nhoffee

Hi all, I had a yellow tang in my 210. I just got another one from west sized today. But the older one started to none stop pick on the new one. I have the new one in my tank but in a net. Any advise on keeping the new one. I really don't want to return the new one. And I don't want the new one dead either.

Hi all' date=' I had a yellow tang in my 210. I just got another one from west sized today. But the older one started to none stop pick on the new one. I have the new one in my tank but in a net. Any advise on keeping the new one. I really don't want to return the new one. And I don't want the new one dead either.[/quote']

With 210 gallons you should be fine but as you are seeing the older one will show who owns the tank-they will settle down, its just a question if the new one lives through it-very typical

you may want to shut the lights off, it would/should help

When I said lives through it I was not implying its not gonna live-It would have to get hammered pretty bad and for quite a while which is very unlikely

When I added my hawaiian flame wrasse', my lineatus beat on too where it swam into an acro and cut a gash in its side, it healed up fine and all is good today. Its usually the first 24 hours maybe 48 that the "new fish" is going to learn its place. Its happened with nearly ever new fish that goes in. Tomrrow I get to introduce a gold rim tang to my tank thats been in quarantine, I am hoping since there are no other similar shaped fish it will be ignored but......................I doubt it

Like Danik said they wil be pals soon-its still tough and nerve racking watching one get trashed around especially since its not that familar with the tank yet.

Archived