Carpet surfing Clown

racefan

What would make an Ocellaris Clown decide to jump out of my tank after 2 years? I found him today on the carpet all dried up(sad) Everybody else is fine (fish & coral) I can't imagine what would make him jump all of a sudden. No new fish or inverts have been added to spook him.

Who knows why they do it?

I had an orange firefish in the QT tank for 2 weeks after bringing it home from the fish store - no problems. One morning he wasn't there - found him on the carpet behind the cabinet holding the tank.

This fish had to jump out of a <1" opening (the ONLY opening on the top of the tank since that is where the QT tank Whisper filter is), wriggle across the top of the hood and under the towel I placed over the top of the tank to *prevent* jumping out, then down the back of the tank, across the cabinet surface, then out a 1" hole in the back that the power cords go through. All of this in order to reach the location on the floor where I found it.

That fish was an Olympian Pentathalon winner -- too bad it didn't make the awards ceremony!

-Mike

Maybe he was the twin to mine? One of mine completely disappeared on Sunday. Had it for almost two years as well.

Now that's just down right odd Nate cause Sunday is when mine came up missing. I just assumed that something in the tank got it, then when I went to get a filter sock that was next to the tank today is when I found it all dried & crispy.

Saw the thread title and was hoping for some cool pics of your clown in a carpet Nem. Bummer this happened instead. Clowns have to be some of my favorite fish. Sorry for your loss

Thats exactly what i was thinking when i saw the title as well i was really hoping to see a cool video or pic really sorry that happened to you makes me worried about my clowns their getting old but hope you can get an awesome new pair clowns are a lot of fun.

Now that's just down right odd Nate cause Sunday is when mine came up missing. I just assumed that something in the tank got it' date=' then when I went to get a filter sock that was next to the tank today is when I found it all dried & crispy.[/quote']

Sounds like something "fishy" is going on up north there if you two are both having issues..

Sucks to hear you both lost your fish. Any chance your temperature was swinging? From what I hear you guys are quite a bit colder than down here in the Portland/Vancouver area, maybe something happened there.

A couple weeks ago, I was just about to leave my apartment and my freshwater bamboo shrimp leaped out of the tank (and these guys are not jumpers). He landed on the floor and was flopping around. I picked him up quickly and tossed him back in the tank. He hasn't tried it again--knock on wood. No idea. Critters are wacky sometimes. I would have been sad if I had lost him. He's a centerpiece (

)

Well I didnt loose my clowns (know on wood). But I did loose a Diamond goby and a Gold Headed Sleeper the other day. I dont know what happen. Tank temps have been a bit low because of the weather... but other then nothing out of the oridnary. Sorry to hear that also.

Now that's just down right odd Nate cause Sunday is when mine came up missing. I just assumed that something in the tank got it, then when I went to get a filter sock that was next to the tank today is when I found it all dried & crispy.

I can't find mine. Assuming something ate mine, maybe the nem he was hosting? The nem had just been moved over to the new tank on Friday, but both clowns had been hosting it in the other tank. (The clowns were moved into the new tank the week before.)

Perhaps yours knew that mine got ate, couldn't deal with the loss and committed suicide?

I can't find mine. Assuming something ate mine, maybe the nem he was hosting? The nem had just been moved over to the new tank on Friday, but both clowns had been hosting it in the other tank. (The clowns were moved into the new tank the week before.)

Perhaps yours knew that mine got ate, couldn't deal with the loss and committed suicide?

Telepathic Clowns!

I called those crispy critters. Normally they get spooked and fly up.in the wild up Is safe. I have all my tanks covered complete me now. 1 night I heard a thump and it was my clown hitting the top of the glass. I think he thought he saw a ghost.

it is christmas time maybe he was visited by the clown fish of christmas past. I'd jump too

Archived