Researching fish for BC14

Jeramy

I am researching a fish for my biocube 14. I tried a six line wrasse last month and he did not make it a week do to ich. I now have a 10 gallon qt set up for my new purchase. I just need to figure out which one to get. I have a massive pod population. I have more pods then a back alley love matress has bedbugs. I would like to get somthing that eats the pods but is not solely reliant on them. I also dont want to get a fish that will out grown my system. I have seen lots of tank threads where people have had as many as three or four fish in their biocube 14. To me that seems like a bit much for a small system. I have 15 lbs of live rock and bout 20lbs of live sand. My tank is a bit over the 3 month mark. So still young. my corals are all softies with a heavy leaning on zoanthids =) which are one of my favorites so I need my new buddy to be friendly to my corals. The tank just feels like it is not complete with no fish in it. So please help me out with some sugestions that you think will be a good fit for my system. Thanks and have great day =).

For a tank that size I'd recommend looking into: Firefish (Nemateleotris magnifica), Yellow Watchman Gobys (Cryptocentrus cinctus), Tail Spot Blennys (Ecsenius stigmatura), Ocellaris Clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris), Royal Grammas (Gramma loreto), Possum Wrasses (Wetmorella nigropinnata), and many more. Look for fish that aren't extremely active swimmers that stay a couple inches or under when full grown. I went on memory, so sorry if I messed up some of the names.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

A pistol shrimp/goby pair could be really fun in a system that size. You would definitely want to get a candy cane pistol and not a tiger but you could pair it with a high fin banded goby and the goby would actually swim above the burrow; very cool.

i like the smaller gobies: greenbanded Elacatinus multifasciatum, sharknose Elacatinus evelynae, red-headed Elacatinus puncticulatus. These gobies are voracious and eager eaters - pods, pellets or other meaty foods. They're also active, doing little antics around the rock work.

Wetwebmedia has a nice article on gobies in the Genera Elacatinus and Gobiosoma. http://www.wetwebmedia.com/neongobies.htm My other favorite fish I had in my 14G biocube before I moved was a tail-spot blenny. These guys have HUGE personalities!

Archived