My "newest" Acro

reefnjunkie

Very nice Brad. Does the drooler have a name? Not that it needs one. Where'd you acquire it from?

I was trading in some corals at Saltwaterfantaseas and he had this in

So whats the name of this one????

A person on Reef2Reef said this;

Looks like an abrotanoides......

Its gonna be a fave for sure

Its one of the coolest I have ever ran across and I have never seen it locally-

It will be a test since from what I see/read its a difficult one to keep

http://www.3reef.com/forums/coral-month/april-2011-cotm-abrotanoides-107902.html

It does not look like it'll be one ever to get fragged- (assuming of course I keep it alive (clap) based on how it grows

Sorry David (sad)

in my tank, this coral does not have the defined coralites, and is instead obscurred by its green polyps. this also masks the pink of the tips unfortunately. It also has taken to laying out a encrusted base that is enormous in comparison to the other stags i have it near. it started to make some new points, but then changed its mind and continued trying to out base everything else around it.

in my tank' date=' this coral does not have the defined coralites, and is instead obscurred by its green polyps. this also masks the pink of the tips unfortunately. It also has taken to laying out a encrusted base that is enormous in comparison to the other stags i have it near. it started to make some new points, but then changed its mind and continued trying to out base everything else around it.[/quote']

Do you have a pic of yours, I would love to see a grown out pic??

No worries Brad. Someday' date=' somehow [b']I'm sure you'll accidentally frag[/b] it moving something around inside the tank:-) It never fails in my tank! Then u can say [language filter] David! and call me to pick up My frag. Lol

Bad Joo Joo-In the unlikely event I break it, you'll have 1st crack!

it kinda looks like a "shades of fall" I just sold one' date=' I REALLY wanted to keep it but $ talks!!![/quote']

I almost bought the shades of fall once, I forgot why I did not-i googled it and it looks like my lemonade, maybe my raspberry lemonade not my pink?????

We need to talk-(whistle)

Nice coral brad' date=' is everything in the new tank now?[/quote']

Yep and its full-(sad)

WTH, I go from a 150 to 400 and I have corals that I cant even place-(flame)

But when I find an "upgrade" one just becomes for sale

I need to get some some good pics of the new tank, I really like how it came together (clap)

• 4 weeks later...

here are pictures of mine. keep in mind it started just like yours, and knowing this coral likes high flow and high light, put it at the highest point in my tank. directly under my 400w halide. then the polyps grew out. covered up all the pink....and now this is whats left. its also not grown up at all. instead it has taken to growing out a base that is attempting to smother out any nearby corals....

IMAG0195.jpg

IMAG0198.jpg

what does yours look like now? any changes?

here are pictures of mine. keep in mind it started just like yours, and knowing this coral likes high flow and high light, put it at the highest point in my tank. directly under my 400w halide. then the polyps grew out. covered up all the pink....and now this is whats left. its also not grown up at all. instead it has taken to growing out a base that is attempting to smother out any nearby corals....

IMAG0195.jpg

IMAG0198.jpg

what does yours look like now? any changes?

Geesh Jordan, you might need to edit your pick with an arrow or something so I can focus on any one particular coral!

Reefnjunkie, how is that frag looking now?

Reefnjunkie' date=' how is that frag looking now?[/quote']

Looks about the same

Here are a few quick shots,

from the front of the tank (acrylic somewhat clean)

newacro2.jpg

Side (acrylic dirty)

newacro1.jpg

Top looking down through acrylic

newacro3.jpg

LOL..I didn't see the orginal post date....well, Patrick has another one almost exactly like that one at his shop now, might have to go pick it up.

Dennis

Did you get it-I did not see it earlier today when I was there (laugh)

A few people said it was there for a while, I never saw it on previous trips, 1st time I saw it I grabbed it-Its still on my fave list and doing well

Its amazing how this (these) picture(s) look SO different on different monitors-From the laptop it looks like it does in the tank-From one of my PC's it looks like I have the colors all jacked up-Dang maybe I used to accuse a certain former sponsor of photoshopping when he really was not-DOH!(scratch)

Archived