Got flatworms? Need a show of hands.

Islandoftiki

The size of the tank is way to small for a full grown sixline. The one I have in there temporarily is really REALLY small, and it's only temporary. After a week and a half, there is not one flatworm to be found. The sixline looks relaxed and happy, and has enough room to swim around comfortably. She gets target fed a couple times a day and doesn't bother the peppermint shrimp or the pom pom crab. Because of the rock-scape, she has lots of little nooks and crannies to swim through, over, under and around. She's found a comfortable sleeping spot at night. I'm very happy with her. So much so that I'm looking to put together a 12 - 20 gallon long tank so I can keep her long term.

She will be transplanted to another tank after the flatworms are all gone. It's a better choice than wasting the life of a velvet sea slug that will simply die when you're done with it.

I have a sixline in my 55, been there a couple months. it's doing great, swims all over the place and is far more interesting than my clown pair to watch. not to mention that my flatworms disappeared super fast. I haven't seen it go after any hermits, snails, emerald or porcelain crabs, peppermint or pistol shrimp. Islandoftiki is very smart to not plan on keeping it in a 2 gallon long term, but I think it's a great plan for the short term. even if the new (larger) tank isn't set up in time, it can be sold or donated to anyone...TFT, another hobbyist, a LFS, whatever.

As you can see, she's quite happy in her environment. She is always interested when I'm nearby and is extremely curious about me. Probably because I'm associated with food. Regardless, she's doing great. Doubling the water changes probably wasn't necessary, but I'll keep it up just the same. It's really easy to do on a 2 gallon tank.

Sorry about the color, but she got bashful with I turned on the 6000k stage lights, so I had to leave only the LED reef lighting on... so it's a bit blue. I'm impressed with her agility. She can squeeze in and out of tight places with ease. Lots of fun stuff in there for a curious fish.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived