Check out my numbers :)

h2odvl

So I just got some red sea test kits, tonight was the first test on my tank for a long time.

1620 ppm Mg

525 ppm CA

5.3 Dkh / 1.9 Meg/l

Seem to be high in Ca and Mg but very low in Alk

everything in the tank looks great/fine

Just thought I would share

75ml? That seems like a lot to dose all at once. I assume you dissolved the sodium bicarbonate in 75ml of water? How much of the sodium bicarbonate did you use?

I assumed he was using 75ml of the already mixed up alk..... as in you mix up a gallon at a time and then dose accordingly.... 75ml that way doesn't sound like much, as I dose near 300ml daily to keep my alk stable in our 150.

75ml? That seems like a lot to dose all at once. I assume you dissolved the sodium bicarbonate in 75ml of water? How much of the sodium bicarbonate did you use?

I assumed he was using 75ml of the already mixed up alk..... as in you mix up a gallon at a time and then dose accordingly.... 75ml that way doesn't sound like much, as I dose near 300ml daily to keep my alk stable in our 150.

How are your params now Jacob?

I went and tested after you posted this up and good thing I did! All my levels are getting a little high, 9.3dKH/500ppm calcium/1500ppm mag.....i even got some nitrates though my test kit says it expired in 2008 DOH!

How are your params now Jacob?

I went and tested after you posted this up and good thing I did! All my levels are getting a little high, 9.3dKH/500ppm calcium/1500ppm mag.....i even got some nitrates though my test kit says it expired in 2008 DOH!

Miles do you know what you pH is with a KH at 9.3dKH? Just curious.

Archived