Help!

Guest Ahbrit

you said it makes no bubble?

Blow as hard as you can through the air intake, see if it gets through. (There maybe a blockage)

Guest Ahbrit

I agree with the dialing back on the pump. More heat but thats not the issue at this point

This will be hard to do: see if you can run some water through the air intake.....This could release what sounds to me like a blockage. If the skimmer is used, there might be salt/crud buildup. If it's new it could be a manufacturing defect.

I just had someone bring one of those things into the shop the other day that they were having a similar problem with. If you make it down this way I am sure I can figure it out but I cannot for the life of me remember what I did to fix the piece of junk. It had something to do with the air intake.

Is there one of those black plastic fittings on the end of the air intake?

I have worked on too many different skimmers here recently.

I think I have figured it out!!!! I decided that my greatest frustration was cleaning up all the salt water mess. Even though it is on hard floor, it was still a pain. So, I took the skimmer into the tub and was able to work on tweeeking it without the worry of the draining fish tank and the mess on the floor. I think that the tube was just higher than the skimmer, so it was easier to spill out the top than go out into the tank. It is now working in the tub. I am running to PDX to get medicine for the ich problem, then I will get the skimmer going in the tank.

Susie

Good deal. I typically work on my equip outside or in the tub. I have about 2-3 gal of water from the tank in a bucket just in case i need to use it.

Just a note, don't run the skimmer if you will be treating the tank. It will go crazy and guess what, overflow.

I don't know one skimmer from the next, but after just one day of the skimmer going, this is what I have. The water collection cup is about 1 to 1.5 inches full of grime. My water looks great, a very noticable difference. I am hoping that the algea does not grow as fast, but that may not be a function of the skimmer. Now I just need to wait for the iche to be gone and my aquarium should be a happy flowing bucket of salt. Thanks to everyone that has give lots of advice. It really helps for people such as myself that as new to the hobby.

Susie