XMAS Party Pictures!

Emerald525

Thanks Tim for the great food(clap)(clap) Your new baby girl Lexi is beautiful too! You even got Beth to try the Sushi and she loved it!

Thanks to all of the sponsor who donated the great prizes, I apologize for those I forgot to include:

BRS 2 deluxe reactors and GFO

Dr Tim Misc Aquarium Chemicals

Seachem reef chemicals

Fritz dry reef chemicals

Reeflo pump

Barrier reef gift certificates

Westside aquarium gift certificates

Premium Aquarium gift certificates

RO/DI unit (Air water ice)

Premium aquatics-refractometer

Beth and I tried to get there early to help set up but we got caught for 45 minutes in some Motorcycle parade!DOH!DOH! on Milwaukee and Holgate

DSC00406ARW.jpg

DSC00446ARW.jpg

DSC00468ARW.jpg

DSC00498ARW.jpg

Thought this was cool whatever it is...

DSC00499ARW.jpg

Nice restaurant and an amazing tank. I think it is somewhere around 800 gallons....(drooler)(drooler)

DSC00503ARW.jpg

DSC00505ARW.jpg

DSC00507ARW.jpg

DSC00509ARW.jpg

There were some new members as well as El Presidente himself...

DSC00513ARW.jpg

DSC00515ARW.jpg

DSC00517ARW.jpg

DSC00544ARW.jpg

DSC00545ARW.jpg

There were lots of prizes for up for raffle! H20Dvl won the grand prize the Reeflo pump and Electrokate got the RO/DI unit. (clap)(clap) No more tap water for her...(nono)

DSC00518ARW.jpg

The food was so good and there was plenty! Tim gave us a really great deal! I will definitely be back to enjoy the food and the great aquarium!(clap)(clap)(clap) The Margarita was great too!

DSC00520ARW.jpg

The White Elephant gift exchange was fun too! That's Electrokate showing off the nude mermaid that was donated by zoo med. Apparently they are collector items in the freshwater world!(laugh)(laugh)

DSC00532ARW.jpg

DSC00547ARW.jpg

DSC00549ARW.jpg

DSC00551ARW.jpg

This was the best (or worst) white elephant gift. Included with the rocks was a stamp card for Westside that was not even completed (laugh)(laugh)

DSC00550ARW.jpg

Fancy Koi fish that go for 2000 dollars each...(scary)

DSC00536ARW.jpg

Very nice place Tim!(clap)(clap)

DSC00542ARW.jpg

Thanks again everyone! It was a lot of fun. Thanks to all the sponsors. Thanks to all the members! Tim I will definitely be coming back to Uchu again!

That place is amazing!!! So is the saltwater tank the one James at envision built? I wish I could have made it, but with the new baby it wasn't in the cards. Now I know were I'm taking my wife for dinner when she's feeling better ;)

Oh for worest gift ever it got most laughs also... And u can't forget the 3/4 filled $10 off card

LOL that gift got a lot of laughs Nate. I'm glad I didn't fall for the dosing pump box it came in!

That place is amazing!!! So is the saltwater tank the one James at envision built? I wish I could have made it' date=' but with the new baby it wasn't in the cards. Now I know were I'm taking my wife for dinner when she's feeling better ;)[/quote']

No Gill the former owner built this tank. He's a very creative person in how he put the place together. This tank is actually made out of glass. I can't wait to see what kind of corals Tim adds to this.

It's got starfire glass on the front, really crazy cool plumbing under and in back. I kind of love it with the tank minimally stocked, at one point it was almost all blue and yellow fish. The tangs and rabbits were schooling too. Tank is probably half a year old? Am assuming you want to stock a thing like that slowly since you don't want to do any emergency water changes, medicating or algae blooms in your place of business. Since Tim is now working on running two businesses plus being a new father, I think it would be easier for him to just take the whole system out, knock down one of the walls of our house and install it facing my living room where I can give it lots of love and attention and generally take all that fish feeding work off his plate. (:

Speaking of plates man you fed us well! Thanks!

Thanks for the RO/DI unit! Have not set it up yet as I will have to move things around to make space for water vessels, and those of you who have seen my house know there is very little space to do such moving in. One of the things annoying me lately about portland tap water is that the amount of ammonia added has been spiking to several times what a normal dose of amquel or prime will cover. I lost hundreds of dollars worth of killies in one afternoon due to this. To do a water change with tap now you should fill a barrel with the new water and add chloramine neutralizer then test for ammonia and keep doing this til it's all neutralized. Total PITA. Now am trying to figure out what to do with the waste water... Think I should probably put a giant greenhouse over the back yard with a koi pond in it and plumb it to that but for some reason my spousal unit is not keen on that plan. He also is not keen on the idea of putting an 850 gallon tank in the basement, or knocking a wall out and adding an extension to the house to install one facing the living room. Weirdo.

That was an awesome Party . Thanks to every one who was involved in the planing and staging of the event. The chefs did a bang up job on the food the service was exellent and well worth the trip to portland to see the place. Me and my whole family had a ton of fun and I am really enjoying all the crazzy loot I came away with from the raffle and gift exchange=)

Archived