New to SW

Krookedsession

Hey everyone. I'm new to the hobby. Im in the Coast Guard and finally a little settled down Im so new to the hobby I have nothing for sw. I've done fresh water tanks. After 2 years of begging and negotiating I have finally recieved the wife's blessing on starting a 30 gallon tank. Currently I have nothing. So if anyone has anything for sale or donation hit me up.

Welcome to the site. I know it will be hard but read up on stuff and try and visit or talk with some other reefers if you can.

I may have a easy care 30 Gal set-up I am keeping for a friend. I will see what he wants for it.

It has a pair of clowns some softy's and some LPS.

Welcome to the forum and the hobby. The one thing I would suggest is doing a sump, much easier with the space as well as the extra water volume. Like others said, I would do a lot of reading. This forum is great (how I have learned a lot) and youtube is also a great resource.

30 could be fun, I've thought about setting up a standard 29 as an SPS tank for my wife (I'm thrilled with LPS/softies, but she likes the acros). I think you could have a lot of success with LPS, softies and a goby/pistol shrimp pair...love my wheelers watchman/pistol pair. I'd also recommend the sump,even a10 gallon would help, but shoot for a 20 high or 20 XH just for more water volume (makes the chemistry more stable).

have fun with it and never stop learning!

Archived