My new Fluval Spec 2 gallon pico-reef.

Islandoftiki

Hey folks,

I'm new to the forum and I'll introduce myself with a little video of my fairly new Fluval Spec pico reef.

It's been up and running for a couple months now and everything is doing well. It's mostly softies to keep things simple. I'm excited to see what it looks like after things start to fill in!

Hope you enjoy! I'll post pictures this weekend when I have some spare time.

Cheers!

John

That's great looking tank! The coral all look really healthy. It gets me even more excited for when I finally get my tank up and running again. I would love to see it as it progresses and you get those rocks covered in coral and coralline algae. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, after two two-in-a-row failed marineland 10 watt heaters that nearly cooked the tank, followed by a 25 watt Hydor Theo that bounced the temperature between 78 and 82 degrees on a daily basis. Now I'm running the Reef Keeper Lite connected to a thermostat-less 7.5 watt hydor heater. That keeps the temperature around 79 degrees plus or minus less than half a degree. In the summer, heat is a bit of an issue, so I have a desk fan set to come on at 80 degrees. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to get an air conditioner this next summer.

Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. I'll starting to consider an ATO if I can find a setup that I like. Although it can go two days without excessive evaporation.

Archived