300 Cube the new tank.

Frank

Time for a new tank (clap).. Not by choice but last month I was looking at the tank and noticed there was a little crack in it (flame). Seems the top was not cut correctly and it has cause stress on it and the little crack is getting bigger. So it time to get a new tank or get out of reefing and I don’t want to get out. So it look like I’m doing a 48x48x30 300 gallon looks like it will be made in Dec hopefully in time for Christmas. I’m going to try to do my own stand was thinking of steel but now I'm thinking wood. I have never done one is someone would like to help let me know. Will have lots of pics.

• 2 weeks later...
It will look so much better once it is prepped' date=' painted, and the plywood goes on(I will finish up flap wheeling it so it will only need to be wiped down and painted). Cant wait to see the finished product. Thanks for letting me part of your build.[/quote']

No thank you for building a great stand.... you do great work...

No we are putting it across from the old one... And there is a beam right under where the new one plus the way the stand was made it will disburse the weight better. Yea I dont think there will be a problem with weight with the stand it is more than sturdy.

Larry Taylor makes a great stand the man can weld.

Sounds like our stands are going to be quite similar. I'm also building a 300g setup, although it's an unusual footprint - 60x48x24 center overflow. Been following your quick preparations your new setup anxiously. I think we're both talking to Charles about sumps also...? That would be too funny!