MH Upgrade Strategy?

andy

I'm about to upgrade from 2x175W 10K MH with DIY reflectors, to 2x250W 10K MH with spider reflectors. Between the wattage increase and the superior reflectors, I expect to more than double my PAR/PPFD. What acclimation strategy would y'all follow? 2-layers egg crate --> 1-layer egg crate --> no eggcrate with one week between changes? Photo-period reduction (by half? by a quarter?)? Both egg crate and photo-period reduction?

I don't want to nuke my tank, but I've also got a few corals that are yearning for more light...

Also, any opinions on whether I should add a second VHO actinic? I'm currently running one...

Like mosquito-netting window screen? Neat idea' date=' any idea of how much and for how long?[/quote']

Like the screen on you have on your windows of your home...

as for time it all depends, but I would get some and add it until you think the tank is about the same brightness as it was with the 175's and then take a screen off every week until you end up with no screen...not sure if that made much sense, hope it does...