10 gallon build

reef165

As allways I forget to get the camera out till i'm 3/4 done :( So let me go back a little and tell ya about what I have done. I started out with 2, 10 gallon tanks that I broke while drilling them. I removed the plastic trim off both, removed the broken piece off one and while it was laying there on it's front/face, I thought it would be cool to cut the face out of the other one and cut it down so I can make a 10 gallon tank that is 20 wide, 12 deep and 10tall. Well it turned out great!! So it sat like that for several weeks. About 2 weeks ago I took a load to the dump and I found 2 12volt pumps that were on some broken fountain things, not being able to pass them up I took them home and they worked ( think the fountain things were new but damaged. Lastnight while I couldn't fall asleep I figured out how I can set the tank up. here are some pic's, I still need to patch the brad holes and paint it.

074.jpg

075.jpg

076.jpg

077.jpg

I got these LED's a while ago and now I have a use for them :)

079.jpg

I'll update as I finnish the stand and get livestock in it.

Thanks all!! thismorning I got the main part puttied and primed, got the top all worked out and putty is drying now, will sand it and prim it in about an hour, still kinda up in the air on what color, thinking a deep redish, kinda trying for a Japanes look.

Not liking the red? It looks kind of cool like that. Black would look nice too though.

No, the red thing is the tank, I am making a stand/table for it to sit on. Was going to make the table a mahogany color but the GF said it would be to much red and it should be a black stain. I agreed :)

I just got the water, sand, rocks, and a coup[le corals in it, it is still a little cloudy but it is looking NICE!!! I am going to need to sell it, everything in it, stand, tank, LED lighting, 12v 10 watt powerhead, corals all for $225 thats a great deal!!

016-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

Archived