Any Glock fans?

h2odvl

Looking to pick up my first Glock on the 12th. This a new to me, slightly used Glock 26.

Just wanted to see people's thoughts and if you had any suggestions.

I plain on getting some 19 rd mags and some grip extensions for the stock mags.

Thanks

Sigs and Sprinfield Arms here-Had problems with a 92F way back and it soured my taste for them and said no more although I did like the feel of it but nothing compared to my sigs, thats a pistol that just feels right on your hand

I do however really like my brugger thomet TP9-if for no other reason its shock value(clap);

45 round clips and the rapid fire optics for "quick" target aquisition-(whistle)

http://www.dsarms.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BTTP9

Glocks are a workhorse I hear and there is probablly good reason why LE pack them-

Nice pick up!

i like kemper 1911s

I am assuming this is kimber with autocorrect?

I have a Kimber pro-carry ten-II. It is the double stack 1911. Love it. May favorite though is my XD tactical (5-inch) barrel. Fits my hand perfect and is very accurate.

You can't go wrong with the Glocks, I'd buy them all if they fit my hands.

I was wondering when the gun talk would start up on this forum. I'm as big of gun nerd as fish nerd. I even have an all-weather pistol range on my property. It is complete with steels, spinners, bowling pins, you name it.

Kimber, springfield, and glock they are all good guns. I have a glock 17 and a kimber 1911 stainless tle II 45. I would have to say I like my kimber more though. But the glock is fun and reliable just not as accurite as the kimber. The glock is fun when I put the 31 round mag in it though seems like it goes forever. The next gun or two I want is the compact xdm 40 and one of the judges.

If the 26 fits your hand well go for it. I had a 27 (same frame but 40S&W) couldn't control the recoil with only 2 fingers on the grip. My current all around is the 23c (mid size 40 compensated). Stopped counting at a couple thousand rounds years ago. The only problem in 12 years has been user error. (bad reloads)

Have fun and safe shooting.

I have too many to list. Around 30. But I LOVE sigs. All kinds. Then HK. For austrian I like steyr, its what their military uses. I dont own a single glock but shot countless. For carry I like .40 or my smith and wesson .38 airweight nickel plated.

Finally! Gun talk. I believe there if a forum much like this dedicated to firearms. Google northwest firearm forum

So just some FYI if you dont have your concealed handgun permit you should. My grandpa runs the Jacobe Group and do all sorts firearm related stuff including oregon and utah permits. Just google Jacobe Group and you can get more info. I even show up to classes from time to time, mainly just to shoot but i help out as well.

Used to be till I bought a Sig... Never going back.

I understand Sigs are nice but the price is a huge factor in my purchase

Very cool. Thanks.

i like kemper 1911s but i also really like my SA XD-45. It holds 13+1 and i certainly like a .45. I like how glock are easier to get the glow in the dark night sights on though.

I do think that will be my first major upgrade (night sights that is)

I like my XDM 45 but it's all about what feels right in your hands

I was going back and forth on an XD or a Glock but found a good deal on the glock.

I think the Glock 26 is a great gun. I have owned the 26 and the 17. I put about 1400 rounds thru the 17 without any jams or misfires.

Thanks, good to know.

Sigs and Sprinfield Arms here-Had problems with a 92F way back and it soured my taste for them and said no more although I did like the feel of it but nothing compared to my sigs, thats a pistol that just feels right on your hand

I do however really like my brugger thomet TP9-if for no other reason its shock value(clap);

45 round clips and the rapid fire optics for "quick" target aquisition-(whistle)

http://www.dsarms.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BTTP9

Glocks are a workhorse I hear and there is probablly good reason why LE pack them-

Nice pick up!

I hear you, but just hard to spend that kind of money right now.

I have a Kimber pro-carry ten-II. It is the double stack 1911. Love it. May favorite though is my XD tactical (5-inch) barrel. Fits my hand perfect and is very accurate.

I was wondering when the gun talk would start up on this forum. I'm as big of gun nerd as fish nerd. I even have an all-weather pistol range on my property. It is complete with steels, spinners, bowling pins, you name it.

I would love to have a 1911 some day, I also wouldn't mind having a shooting range in my back/side/front yard :)

If the 26 fits your hand well go for it. I had a 27 (same frame but 40S&W) couldn't control the recoil with only 2 fingers on the grip. My current all around is the 23c (mid size 40 compensated). Stopped counting at a couple thousand rounds years ago. The only problem in 12 years has been user error. (bad reloads)

Have fun and safe shooting.

It fits ok, should be better with the extension. I'm not sure if I could handle a sub-compact in anything larger than a 9mm.

Dude have we talked about handguns before? I don't think we have thats crazy (laugh) I have been wanting to buy my first handgun for awhile' date=' and I'm leaning toward a Glock. We should hit up the shooting range[/quote']

I think it came up once a while ago but I wasn't in the market at the time. I believe I said to talk to Bobby about them.

I have too many to list. Around 30. But I LOVE sigs. All kinds. Then HK. For austrian I like steyr, its what their military uses. I dont own a single glock but shot countless. For carry I like .40 or my smith and wesson .38 airweight nickel plated.

Finally! Gun talk. I believe there if a forum much like this dedicated to firearms. Google northwest firearm forum

30! WOW Do you get to shoot them all? I hope to work up to a .40 or .45 someday, I think I should put some 9mm down range before I start spending the big bucks.

My wife and I took our CHL classes with your grandpa! Great class for anyone thinking of carrying. I own a couple of Glocks, a Springfield XD .40, a Sig 226, both the Ruger LC9 and the LCP, and a few others. I will say that the Glocks have been tr easiest to take down and clean and have been the most durable guns I have ever seen. That wig said, they are certainly not my favorites to hoot simply do to my accuracy with them. I am far more accurate with 1911's, my Sig and Ruger and for that matter most of the steel frame guns I have shot. I can get a good 3-4" group with the Glocks at about 20-25 yards but can dial it in at least an inch or two with the formentioned options.

For anyone considering purchasing their first handgun, I definitely recommend firing as many options and rounds through those options as possible. Spend some time at the range with friends that have various pistols so that you get a real good feel for what you like. My Glock 17 was my first pistol and though I love it, I would have purchased a Sig or Springfield or Kimberly 1911 as my first had I experienced ten first(and yes they are far prettier). I am way more accurate and confident that I will take down my target quickly with one of those options(though almost any pistol or revolver will do).

Once you get your gun and any subsequent gun, spend alot of time with it at the range. You will want to get as accurate and as familiar with it as you possibly can. It could save you or your loved ones life someday ;)

Oh and I love to go shooting so if you want to go Bryan, I have a membership to the ARPC and could probably find an excuse to pluck through some rounds :)

I would be game for a group shoot... I am in the same standings just love how the sigs fit my grip...

How did I miss this thread???? Guns trump all other ways to spend time and money for me(rock2) In fact, I keep looking at the new 90gal, and thinking "yeah, it's really cool. But that's a couple of really nice guns sitting there" DOH!

I knew we had a couple of people on the forum that shared my love of things that go boom, but it looks like there are more than I thought.

My answer to the original question is: I'm not a glock guy myself. Only because they don't feel comfortable in my hand. I much prefer the Springfield XD. They are very similar pistols, just a slightly different fit. I like them so much I have an xd .40 service for home defense and a xd .40 sub compact for CC. If the Glock is comfortable for you, go for it!

Not sure when you were planning on picking this up Jacob, But I was hoping to go throw some rounds downrange this weekend. Get ahold of me, and we'll see what we can put together.

Garrett, we've been talking about a range day for a while now. As soon as things have settled down enough with you, let me know. I'm down for a drive north.(naughty)

How did I miss this thread???? Guns trump all other ways to spend time and money for me(rock2) In fact, I keep looking at the new 90gal, and thinking "yeah, it's really cool. But that's a couple of really nice guns sitting there" DOH!

I knew we had a couple of people on the forum that shared my love of things that go boom, but it looks like there are more than I thought.

My answer to the original question is: I'm not a glock guy myself. Only because they don't feel comfortable in my hand. I much prefer the Springfield XD. They are very similar pistols, just a slightly different fit. I like them so much I have an xd .40 service for home defense and a xd .40 sub compact for CC. If the Glock is comfortable for you, go for it!

Not sure when you were planning on picking this up Jacob, But I was hoping to go throw some rounds downrange this weekend. Get ahold of me, and we'll see what we can put together.

Garrett, we've been talking about a range day for a while now. As soon as things have settled down enough with you, let me know. I'm down for a drive north.(naughty)

I like the XD too..I got a .40 and have a FN FiveSeven on layaway that i'll get next month. Frikken awesome gun 20rd clip and the sucker shoots a 5.7 rifle round!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived