Reef Hobby Rookie

CarpeTheDiem

Hello everyone. Names Michael. I started off in the fish world with a 55 gallon planted Discus Tank. Figured I was experienced enough to dabble in a saltwater tank. I have a 12 gallon Aquapod that's been established for 6 months.(A bit expensive hobby but well worth it) This forum has been a great place for me to read and learn more about the hobby. Not the mention the members are friendly and great. Wanted to share my hobby with everyone

Tank Details

Aquapod 12 gallon(16 gallons if you count the back chambers)

DIY media filter- Chemipure Elite, Purigen, and Filter floss. Would love to eventually get chaeto growing in one empty chamber

Lights- For my bday my awesome gf bought me the Rapid LED Biocube 29 Kit. 10 whites/10 blue with two fans. Everything is dimmable.(fun project that lasted two days)

Upgraded pump to Maxijet 900

Fish- two false clownfish

CUC- 5 red legged hermit crab, 2 astraea snails, and 5 nassarius snails

Coral- Two hammerheads, xenia and a group of zoas.(Hope to add more corals to the bare looking tank soon)

All water parameters normal. I do weekly 20-30% water changes.

That's it for now. Hope to meet everyone on here. If there are any suggestions, I'm all ears. I feel it's best to learn everything you can even if it doesn't apply to you because it could happen. Thank you all for your time.

My stress reliever

photo.jpg

The freshwater tank

photo1.jpg

Welcome to the club ;) ur system I's looking great love the details of ur tank!

U will find urself making friends fast here, that will be there to answer and help with any Q's. Btw u can submit the freshwater pic to Verizon or t mobile more bearskin more areas hahaha looks awesome.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.509043,-122.565942

Thanks everyone. Just a year ago, I didn't know a single thing about saltwater. It's a good feeling to walk into a fish store and have all this knowledge and being able to recognize and have all the background info behind it.

Can I get more information on this meeting? It would be great to meet everyone,

Thanks everyone. Just a year ago, I didn't know a single thing about saltwater. It's a good feeling to walk into a fish store and have all this knowledge and being able to recognize and have all the background info behind it.

Can I get more information on this meeting? It would be great to meet everyone,

This month's meeting is at Mohaynow's place in Salem. You should definitely go if you can. I feel like I learned the most just visiting people and seeing their tanks. It gave me ideas and I also got some great advice. You should also while you're down in Salem check out Garrett's fish store The Premium Aquarium. He has the best selection of inverts and good prices.

PNWMAS October Meeting

When:Sunday, October 23 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM

Where: Josh's Casa 220 16th ST SE Salem, OR 97301

• 2 months later...

An update of my tank. Added a RBTA that split, Ricordia mushroom that is in the process of splitting and another blue mushroom that has split. Xenias crashed on me a month back but never went away. They are growing back. Also added a small frag of GSP that has quickly grown. IMG_1954.jpg

Archived