Another LED Lighting Solution

andy

The tech is solid but on the cutting edge and manufactured in China; prone to a few bugs and quality control issues, but lookin good. If you know Pat at PFO, you know this will be good stuff. Just wait for the next few generations, then you'll really see somethin'. R2R2

I have yet to see an LED light system that can adequetly grow our corals. All corals i've seen under these lights grow slow and are all brown.

I agree completely...Here is how I look at this whole LED craze...

We are trying to replicate the sun in our tanks, we all know this...Another thing we all know the sun is kind of light that gives off UV rays and we can tan aka burn our skin. We replicate this as well in tanning booths...they use fluorescent bulbs to achieve the same effect as the sun, and we use halides or a form of fluorescent bulb over our tanks as the sun. Now if LED's were so effective at replicating the sun, I can assure you they would be in every tanning bed around the country. But they do not produce this sort of light...again...not scientific, but that is how I see it...It looks good paper, but does not function in the real world...

I'm pretty skeptical of them too, they just don't seem to me to have the power of a MH. When they produce the color and growth I've seen under MH, and have yet to hear of in SPS under LEDs, and they are a point source of light, not such a wide broadcast, then I might look into them.