GO DUCKS!!!

impur

Ducks are in the Sweet 16 baby!!! I loved how every single commentator in the nation, yes every single one of them on ESPN, every single one on CBS, all of them, picked Winthrop to beat the Ducks. What happened? The Ducks came out and curb-stomped that little team from S. Carolina! Played great defense and just shut them down. EAT YOUR WORDS BRIAN GUMBLE!!!!!

Bring on UNLV!!! Great job Ducks!!!

GO DUCKS!!!

Im sorry to report that I have to go for the RUNNIN REBS! My aunt is one of the dean of mathematics and my uncle is a english professor there. GO REBS!!!

I guess it would be okay if the Ducks won :) GO BEAVS!! Later Ryan

despite what the so called experts have said all year, the pac 10 was the toughest conference in the nation. just look at how many pac 10 teams (3) are in the sweet 16 compared to the big 10 (1). UNLV is a good team but wisconsin was overrated so despite it being a solid win for them it wasnt exactly a HUGE upset or totally unforseen. If oregon defends like it did against wintrhop and against USC in the PAC 10 tourney they will win the game. Its that time of the year where your defense WILL win you games even if your offense is having an off night. Dont be surprised to see all three teams from the PAC 10 make the elite 8 and maybe even two of the three in the final four. Its a good year to be a PAC 10 school. Neither Florida, Ohio St., or even NC is unbeatable or that powerful. lets go ducks and lets go pac 10!!

Yah, UNLV had an almost perfect game and just barely won, shot 46%FGs and 50% on threes. They aren't gonna get those looks against the Ducks defense as Winthrop found out. They got destroyed by Arizona, lost to Air Force then beat Air Force in their conf tourney. The only notable wins during the season are over Nevada, and BYU. If the Ducks play their style ball and keep playing such great defense they should take this game. UNLV's biggest post player is 6-8, and Luenen has been shutting down 7 footers all year. He's gonna have the game of his life!

I love how the Ducks haven't been picked by analysts to win any games in this tourney. Keep making them eat their words!!! 2 out of 6 ESPN analysts have the Ducks though, finally.

Pac10 is definately representin' this year!!!

GO DUCKS!!!

Im sorry to report that I have to go for the RUNNIN REBS! My aunt is one of the dean of mathematics and my uncle is a english professor there. GO REBS!!!

I guess it would be okay if the Ducks won :) GO BEAVS!! Later Ryan

You always come up with something to root against us don't ya! (laugh) But hey, i guess your used to the disappointment being a beaver fan and all (nutty) (laugh)

Funny how in every sport there seems to be an East Coast bias. The Pac 10 usually gets second fiddle unless its SC or something. However, it seems to be a bit of a paradox, as many ,if not most times the Pac 10 school "curb stomp" the east coasters. We shall see, in this very special case am will "root" for U of O.

Disappointment, whens the last time the Ucks won a National Championship :)

Ahhh what would I do if there wasnt the Beavs and the Ucks. :) Later Ryan

The last time the Ducks won the NCAA basketball championship was 1939. I'll save you the trouble and just let you know that the Beavs have never won it.

But how about other sports you ask?

Oregon

Total NCAA Team Championships: 13

men's championships: 10

women's championships: 3

coed championships: 0

Breakdown by Sport:

men's basketball: 1

men's cross country: 4

women's cross country: 2

men's outdoor track & field: 5

women's outdoor track & field: 1

Oregon State

Total NCAA Team Championships: 2

men's championships: 2

women's championships: 0

coed championships: 0

Breakdown by Sport:

men's baseball: 1

men's cross country: 1

Whoops, looks like we got you in total championships too. (laugh)

Dan, i hear ya on that east coast bias. I've been watching the BS in the baseball rankings. OSU is finally moving up to where they should be, but have gotten the shaft most of the year to this point.

I never said total I said when was the last time? :) Believe me I know you guys got us beat :) Im just not one to live in the past :) Later Ryan

Since you have an aunt and uncle in vegas do you head down there very often? Starting in May you can fly direct from Eugene for $79 a leg. If you book the first week its only $59 a leg! If i had free lodging i'd be down there every few months!!!

yep....the UNLV press was good. and oregon got kinda sloppy with the ball down the stretch. Even when they were up by 18 though you knew the rebs were gonna make a run. You dont get to the sweet 16 and then get blown out very often. But a win is a win and in march thats all that matters. I will take an ugly win over a pretty loss anyday. And i thought USC might pull it off there for a while but UNC is deep and has a better coach IMO.