240 gallon tank

NoobtoSalt

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks you guys. So now my issue is that the return pump has a tiny leak. From what I've been reading the pump itself is "seal-less". So now I need to tear it apart and figure out what is causing the issue. It seems to kick out plenty of flow so I think I'm going to stick with this little pump if I can get the leak fixed. Heading back right now to home depot yet again. Been my home away from home today...(laugh)

Well the pump has a small leak still but much better than before. hoping that all things are a go I'm going to put the tank in the house tomorrow. Still have a few people that need to grab stuff out of the current tank so we will see. I'm going to put my current 2400 gph return pump on the new tank. I know it doesn't leak and I can order the o ring for the gen x pump later

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Well I rinsed out the remaining of the sand today with my Mom's help (wasn't expecting that one but it was nice either way). I picked up the brackets from Rick today for the lighting as well. As much as I would really like to get the tank going today I don't think it's going to happen. I still need to make up some more water and need to get some 55 gallon drums to hold the water from the current tank so I can break it down. The purple tang and sailfin are heading to their new home right now (thanks again to Heather and Mike). Also met Rich today and he grabbed a few more of my acans. Just have the wrasse left and it's getting picked up this afternoon sometime. One of the things I didn't think all the way through was a heater. DOH! Why was I thinking that a 300w heater was going to be enough for this big of a tank. I have another 300w heater I'm going to use as well but I will need to grab an 800w heater in the near future (this week). I still need to mount the light brackets and modify my hanging backet I just bought for the new lighting. Still lots to do and not enough time. Also need to redo some of the plumbing underneath the tank but that will be an easy fix.

Was nice to see your big tank in person. I should have just bought the whole package. Would probably have been cheaper. LOL Thanks Jesse for the great deals.

There's still the tank you know...JK

I was really dreaming when I thought I would get this all done today...DOH!

Going to work on a few loose ends and hope to get it into the house by monday night after I get off work. I figure I have close to 400lbs of sand thanks to Longiotti hooking me up! Hoping it's going to be a deep sand bed but it's a big tank so who knows.

Coming along nicely Jesse! I just got myself a 240g for the house! Gonna do it in-wall in in the family room with all of the stuff in the garage. Should be fun. Look forward to watching yours progress!

Nice! I take it you got Mikes setup. I was considering it but just wasn't sure about the glass idea. Plus I can't do an inwall at this house. Just no spot for it. Well that and the fact that it's my parents house I'm renting from....(laugh)

With just a little more plumbing on the tank tomorrow after work and gettting the lighting bracket in place on the stand the tank should be a go tomorrow. I have about 150 gallons of water mixed up in the living room along with all of the water in my 120 plus the sump and refugium.

Looking good Jesse

I wish mine had water in it (sad)

So are you really going to raise chickens for food, I think thats awesome-home grown just like foster farms (rock2)

I've been mixing water for a week or so now. I actually have about 40 gallons left over. Plus I have about 100 lbs of sand that I probably won't end up using. Going to let everything settle over night and decide from there. I definately need more live rock though and some large pieces. That will probably be in a few months though. Not in a hurry to do it.

Archived