240 gallon tank

NoobtoSalt

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I commend your determination, I am still a bit concerned. I might be wrong here but I am fairly certain that 240 is not going to be large enough. What kind of shark are you getting? I ask because I recall seeing a video, maybe here actually, of a "small shark" in a 240 and the only thing small in that video...was the 240.

I might venture under the house today when I get home from work. Not my favorite thing to do but it has to be done

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Yeah so that didn't happen yet...(laugh)

But here's a picture of the stand and the filtration setup underneath. Still not sure which return pump I want to use but here's what was setup before hand. The tank stand is all black now and looks sharp. I'm still working on getting the doors painted but they are almost done as well.

2011-10-03121734.jpg

But here's a picture of the stand and the filtration setup underneath. Still not sure which return pump I want to use but here's what was setup before hand. The tank stand is all black now and looks sharp. I'm still working on getting the doors painted but they are almost done as well.

2011-10-03121734.jpg

WOW that dosn't look like the beast that we moved the other day! Turned out really nice :D

I can't wait to see the tank on it.

WOW that dosn't look like the beast that we moved the other day! Turned out really nice :D

I can't wait to see the tank on it.

Looks much better. I'm hoping to have a show off of the tank in the spring. Maybe hold a meeting here or something like that.

What kind of paint/stain did you use. It looks glossy.

2011-10-03121734.jpg

Looks good Jesse! stand looks awesome' date='can't wait to see it all up and running[/quote']

I can't wait either. Just waiting on the tank now. It's been over a week now since they've had it and it's still not done.

My potential fish list:

Achilles tang

Blonde naso tang

3 yellow tangs

Pair cross hatch triggers

Chevron tang

Maybe some anthias again

Any other suggestions? I was thinking a black tang as well but I might have been talked out of it.

If I were doing a fish only I would seriously check out the selection of amazing butterfly fish that are not reef safe. I'd go for the cool things that non of us have because we cant.

I would but I'm still going to have zoas in the tank so I'm still limited

LOL' date=' yeah Jesse you made the mistake of thinking "fish" time and "real" time were the same thing! :)[/quote']

My tank could be half way cycled by now. I hope it looks good when I go there and get it. I was told it was done on saturday but when I got there only the front was done..

Did some more touch up painting tonight when I got home from work. Should be able to get the doors on the stand by saturday. The tank is getting picked up tomorrow done or not. I was told three days, then a week, then told it was done. Drove down to find it wasn't even half done, put more pressure on them to get it done and now two weeks later I'm getting it. I'm sure they do a good job, just dont listen to their time quotes.

Archived