FS: T5 bulbs, reflectors, endcaps, Icecap ballast, & more

H20cooled

I'm selling off my T5 lighting components, I will sell them individually or as a group. Everything was only used for ONLY 5 months (except the ballast) and works perfect. I will not ship the bulbs or reflectors, but I will consider shipping the end caps/standoffs or ballast.

Here's what I have:

• 8 pair (total of 16) of the moisture proof end-caps & standoffs. $8 each pair
  • 8 IceCap SLR reflectors 48" no scratches or rust and almost perfect. $15 each
  • 8 54w (48") bulbs; 2- GE 65k, 1- Giesemann Aquablue, 3- UV Super Actinics, 1- UV Aqua Sun, 1- UV Actinic White. GE bulbs $5 each, the rest $15 each.
  • 1 IceCap 660 Ballast, heatsink, and wire harness all ready to go (will fire 4 T5's bulbs) $120

I will sell the whole package for $350.

Here are some pictures of everything.

T5lighting001.jpg

T5lighting005.jpg

T5lighting009.jpg

T5lighting010.jpg

T5lighting012.jpg

T5lighting011.jpg

Well, I guess I wasn't as happy as I thought. I have been disappointed with the color on some of the corals that I have purchased and I've also really missed the shimmering that you get with MH. So, after replacing my chiller with a bigger model and then having the opportunity to trade the old chiller for a Dual 400w ballast I decided to just switch over.

I think you can get great color with T5 only setup but I think it needs to be in a more shallow tank then I have (mines 26" deep). I'm very happy with MH/VHO setup that I have now...

ya' date=' i was going that route with t-5s are they not that great or are mh just better? input would be fantastic![/quote']

I think that are great for the right tank, but I think you will NEVER beat the look that you get from a MH setup. I really missed the shimmer that you get with MH.