Bad luck with jawfish

city hunter

I've had horrible luck with jawfish. I cant quite figure it out either. I lost my previous 2 fish, they just died, now I bought 2 more pearly from live aquaria, did their acclimation deal, and one was doing fantastic last night, he built a hole and was hovering out of it most of the night, even ate some mysis, the other disapeared and was dead this morning..

Well I found the other not coming out and now he isnt looking good -_-. Do these guys just not handle being moved? I'm reallly hoping this other pulls through as I have been wanting a few pearlys in my tank for awhile now. On the bright side both my bi color blennys and a tiny mccoskers are doing awesome that I ordered. There is no fish aggression on these guys either.

I'm just curious if I am the only one with a bad track record with them. The last 2 who died before this were a pearly and a dusky. At least these fish are guaranteed.

Ive wondered that but I have a blue gudgeon goby that has dug out under a entire rock and he is doing just fine. I have plenty of water flow in the tank as well. I know I can get a buildup of nitrates in the sand over long periods of time but this tank has has only been running for a few months with new sand from my recent move.

Sorry to hear, losing fish sucks. I have the same problem with McCoskers wrasses and yellow watchmen gobies. I have bought 3-4 of each and they have never lasted more than 48 hours. Could never figure out why, since I had bought / acclimated fish at the same time and the others did fine. I just figured they weren't for me and have given up.

funn, I've had the same luck with mccloskers. Ive had 3, and they would all stress out out my other fish like the flame wrasse or whatever else who never bothered them, and they would die within 48 just liks yours.

Funny thing is I did buy a yellow watchman and a mc from live, the mc is in my biocube and so far doing great knock on wood. The watchmen goby was last seen sharing the hole with my blue gudgeon but I hav ent seen him since yesterday... Funny I ordered enough fish to get free shipping, and the only fish I really wanted are the ones that didnt arrive -_-. I had ordered 3 blue star leopards as I have been wanting them for years. FIgures they are sold out when I order...

Archived