Help!!! Is my Anemone's death iminent?

KMiller

Walked by the 20 and saw the gbta looking like this... you can practically see the whole way through him, and there is brown stringy mucous that looks like their poop hanging out of the huge gaping mouth-hole....

what do you recommend? I've never seen an Anemone die before.

DSC_0410.jpg

Nems do that, I would leave it alone. Don't flush it and definitely don't try to feed it. Give it some time to see what it does, how long has it looked like that?

Seriously though I have kept nems for years and have seen this before and never lost one.

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone!! About an hour later it puffed back up and looks normal now... wow' date=' Anemone's are some weird creatures!![/quote']

So true, I am constantly amazed at how small they can get and then be fine the next day.

It's almost always best to take a wait and see approach to anything abnormal in your tank. Only bad things happen when you rush to fix something that might not need fixing. As long as an anemone is still attached to a rock or the side of the tank and not floating around, they are not dead or dying.

Archived