Ecotech Group buy, any interest?

My understanding is that they don't even allow for their distributors to offer their pumps below MAP pricing unless selling wholesale to a retailer or something of the like. I was thinking of offering a group buy some time ago but once I read the terms and conditions of doing business with Ecotech, I relized it went againts their rules.

Here is the info they sent me in one of their info PDF's. They also recently updated to include a minimum retail selling price:

MANDATORY MINIMUM ADVERTISED PRICE:

EcoTech Marine requires that all buyers advertise its products at our mandatory minimum advertised price. Failure to do so will result in the revocation of buyer privileges. Please refer to EcoTech Marine’s MAP Policy.

RESTRICTED SALES:

EcoTech Marine reserves the right to suspend or revoke the buying privileges of any vendor involved in a group-buy of EcoTech Marine products or for selling EcoTech Marine products via an online auction website that sell for less than the Minimum Advertised Price over the internet.

I just would hate for anyone to get into any trouble or lose their ability to sell these pumps. They are one of my favorites and I enjoy being able to sell them which is the only reason I haven't offered a group buy or discounted purchase on them.

Other stores have done the group buys. I think the key is not publicly posting the price. Kenny to be on the safe side, I would remove your prices and if someone is interested to just pm you for a price. Those are great prices by the way. If I didn't already have several , I would definitely be interested. Great customer service at this company.

Thanks Kim for the advice. My first group buy and I messed it up.DOH! I didn't want to get anyone in trouble. I thought I would extend this great buy to our forum members. I am not making a dime from this group buy, just want to make things affordable for fellow hobbyist.

Post has been edited. Pm me if you are interested.

Thanks,

Kenny

Thanks Kim for the advice. My first group buy and I messed it up.DOH! I didn't want to get anyone in trouble. I thought I would extend this great buy to our forum members. I am not making a dime from this group buy, just want to make things affordable for fellow hobbyist.

Post has been edited. Pm me if you are interested.

Thanks,

Kenny

No worries Kenny, that's nice of you to offer the savings to other members. I would just hate for you to not be able to do your group buy. I think it's kinda silly personally. I just remember when I was working with Barrier reef, he told me not to post the prices. I also recall right before I signed up from Frank that there was an Ecotech group buy that members did and the prices were posted and it ended up not happening because of that. Bump. If you are looking for a vortech this is a great time to get one. Really good prices pm Epic1.

Man I just cant get myself to spend the kind of money they are asking for a powerhead. No offense to anyone thats bought one. Thats just me.

Thats totally what I thought until I got one....I would love to get another one for the other side of my tank, but I am back to going "ehhhh do I really need another one?".....lol

Group buy is going to end soon, so pm of what you want.

This is the list I have.

MP40w ES-

J-FISH

KKNIGHT31

SONTDO

BSWE22

(2) LARRYBECK

NATE213

MP10w ES

(2) MHUDZINSKI

Everyone interested will get a pm from me regarding payment and shipping.

Archived