Any Good Non-Violent Games?

Algae

I was a World of Warcraft player for almost 5 years and packed it in a few months ago, I just started playing Rift this week and it seems pretty cool. I don't think it is violent really, I mean things fall down dead but there is no gore.

I am going to start playing rift next month when my WoW acct runs out.

Franklin i have Spore its pretty neat but you do have to go fight other creatures sometimes. You can borrow it if you want

Let me know when you start playing. I can refer you ;). Get bonuses ;). I can refer you to a 7 day free trial now if you want.

Franklin I am always serious. Watch out for Garretts choice' date=' he is addicted to it. lol! Hey off subject I was around the Whittaker district of Eugene. Is that where you live? If yes, WOW!!!!! nuff said[/quote']

"Whittaker, Cheapest Crack in Middle Earth! I Came For The Crack But All I Got Was This Stupid Smelly T-Shirt, Broken Teeth, And Bugs Crawling Under My Skin"(whistle)(whistle)(whistle)

Anyone tried Guild Wars? At least there is no monthly subscription.

Guess I am looking for myself now so I can go more violent. I just have visions of myself with Howard Hughs fingernails, a two day old half eaten pizza, and a urine bucket next to the computer.(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

Roger' date=' there is nothing educational going on in those cedar shaked school buses! I think Algae's is the one with the stove pipe and the MH light shining through the Emergency exit door.[/quote']

Jon,

What are you doing in this discussion? Play Angry Birds with Roger, online!(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

FYI: The cedar shakes are meant to come off during a high speed (over 40mph) pursuit by the police.(laugh)(laugh)

I just bought Guild Wars to try out and Dirt 2 (racing game). Once ya roll a car over for real it just isn't the same though.....(whistle)

Jon,

What are you doing in this discussion? Play Angry Birds with Roger, online!(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

FYI: The cedar shakes are meant to come off during a high speed (over 40mph) pursuit by the police.(laugh)(laugh)

I just bought Guild Wars to try out and Dirt 2 (racing game). Once ya roll a car over for real it just isn't the same though.....(whistle)

I can attest that Dirt 2 is a great game

Nice shot John. Franklin the bit about Howard Hughes is what we have always thought about you! Thats why we always meet you at gas stations when we have been on a road trip. lol. Wittaker area is a great Eugene attraction. It should be advertised at the duck games on the reader board.

Miles, from what I can remember, I doubt if you will have time with video games with the new addition on the way........ unless it is for work during the slump times!!!!

The Sid Meires Civilization games a great games. Civ 5 is the latest and I have to say I have spent way to much time playing it. If your into that sort of game you cant beat it. Also if you have Steam, If not you can get it at steampowered.com, there are a ton of free games on there these days as well as all the games for purchase.

The Sid Meires Civilization games a great games. Civ 5 is the latest and I have to say I have spent way to much time playing it. If your into that sort of game you cant beat it. Also if you have Steam' date=' If not you can get it at steampowered.com, there are a ton of free games on there these days as well as all the games for purchase.[/quote']

Yeah, Civ 5 looks good! Now to figure out my config. Time for another thread!

Speaking as a former beta tester:

Spore is a great game, a little linear after a bit but beautiful graphics. All of Sid Meires games are pretty good. (I like the old-school Sid Meire's Pirates) and Shogun. Civ-5 will eat an entire season. But I think Fallout 3 is just about hands down one of the greatest RPG-ish games out there. There is some violence but it's pretty tame, and you can avoid most of it as you see fit. EPIC soundtrack too. Dead space 2 is about the most violent game i have come across, but amazing graphics. And Deep Space 2 is also an addicting but also linear rpg-ish game. Sins of a Solar Empire is a great Real-Time Strategy as is Ruse and Company of Heroes. Company of Heroes is a RTS set during WWII. After you get the hang of it, the multiplayer becomes more of a fast paced chess game with amusing graphics. ...but really, its all about Fallout 3.

P.S. For the record I do indeed have a life...

Archived