finally running!

mister crabs

i used a gasket on both sides of the bulkhead fitting and it still leaked so i backed out the lock ring thing and put silicone on the threads and the ncovered the backside of the entire bulhead with silicone and basically sealed it to the glass. it will be a pain in the butt if i ever need to take it off but it worked. now i just have to get a skimmer. I was thinking of a CSS 65 since the remora is too tall to fit in my stand. i will have to use the css as a hang on style on the side of my sump.

well the tank started leaking again the next day. I lowered the water level so it didnt spill over the overflow and kept a PH and heater in the tank. I used smaller pvc (1" instead of 1.25") because i think the weight of the pvc drainstructure was causing a slight flex in the gasket. I used a new gasket and so far so good after 2 hours no leaks. still no pics as my camera died on me. i tested my water tonight and have around 10ppm nitrates, 0 nitrites, alk is at about 180 ppm, and my ph is at 7.8 but should rise a bit with the extra circulation and aeration. temp is at 79.6 f

i still havent got a filter sock yet and my wife got mad at me for using her pantyhose so i used a piece of regular filter pad wedged in sump to catch any particles and a small bag of carbon.

Is the carbon necessary? will it hurt my cycle?

My water/rock/sand has been in tank for about a week and the rock was from an established tank. How high will the nitrates and such get and how will i know when my tank is safe for critters?

hopefully my leaks are over and i can finally start planning my livestock. talk about being discouraged...lol

The first pic was way cool with the caves. I see where you might like it taller. Just a thought I think would look really cool for a hex end like your tank would be a open ledge from one side. Saw something like it on RC using PVC arm, then attaching the rock with I beleave zip ties. I would use the puddy. LOOOOOOKIN GOOOOOOD. And NO LEAKS(clap)