I need a new fish

J-Dog

It was finally time to get rid of my blue damsel (sad). He was my first fish, but just got too aggressive toward my new wrasse....so the trap went in and he came out. He was one of my favorites because I loved its electric blue color. Now the question is, what fish can I get that has that same blue color, but without the attitude? I'm still a newbie when it comes to fish, so your help is always a plus, thanks. :D

How about a small Blue Hippo tang? These guys are really cool little buggers and fun to watch. They will need a larger tank eventually but most LFS's will trade you a smaller one for your larger one when yours gets too big. They are pretty peaceful as well. A nice flasher or fairy wrasse would be another great addition with lots of color. Their is also the blue reef chromis that is pretty nice. Lots of options out there really. Let me know if I can be of further help :)

How about a small Blue Hippo tang? These guys are really cool little buggers and fun to watch. They will need a larger tank eventually but most LFS's will trade you a smaller one for your larger one when yours gets too big. They are pretty peaceful as well. A nice flasher or fairy wrasse would be another great addition with lots of color. Their is also the blue reef chromis that is pretty nice. Lots of options out there really. Let me know if I can be of further help :)

Hippos are a nice blue, but require a bigger tank than I can provide. Wrasses would be nice, but none seem to have that electric blue color....I guess I'm really picky :p

Cherub angel. Thought I would be more exact.

That's a beautiful looking fish, but I already have a Flame Angel and I'm not sure if 2 dwarf angels would be compatible. If anyone has more info on angels, please help....would these two fish be ok in the same tank?

That's a beautiful looking fish' date=' but I already have a Flame Angel and I'm not sure if 2 dwarf angels would be compatible. If anyone has more info on angels, please help....would these two fish be ok in the same tank?[/quote']

It could easily result in a battle to the death if you add another angel to your tank.

I am interested myself in adding a flame back angelfish to my tank, still deciding. Angelfish could pick on corals. It's a risk to take.

Put in 3 or 4 blue chromis. They school and the rumor that I have heard is that there poop is supposed to be really good for corals. I know this sounds like I am making it up but when I worked at a fish store the owner swore this was true and always had them in his show tanks. (urban legend?) You can get larger ones from Fiji that seem to be a bit hardier. Also, having been to your house your kids would get a kick out of them because they are very active and really tear into feeding time. :)

Put in 3 or 4 blue chromis. They school and the rumor that I have heard is that there poop is supposed to be really good for corals. I know this sounds like I am making it up but when I worked at a fish store the owner swore this was true and always had them in his show tanks. (urban legend?) You can get larger ones from Fiji that seem to be a bit hardier. Also' date=' having been to your house your kids would get a kick out of them because they are very active and really tear into feeding time. :)[/quote']

I think all corals love poop, fish love poop, shrimps, crabs, love poop etc. There are so few nutrients on a reef so poop is a hot commody. The key to home tanks is to make sure to feed just enough so leftover, then let the poop filter down the food chain, then have enough equipment (filters), animals (fish, corals, inverts) to make sure there isnt unused poop. You want one big circle. Just do water changes for chemical stability.

I love solaris wrasses. Also blue bar gobies aka. Zerbrafish aka dartfish haha

Archived