750 Gallon Reef, 1200 Gallon System, Join the Craziness!

oxx155

Excellent stuff my friend. You and the crew you hired made it look easy :) I bet you are sure happy to have the hardest part behind you lol. Give me a buzz soon so we can start working on that sucker!

I know this may sound bad but I felt the same I did just before my kid was born, I had a hard time sleeping last night and was freaking out. The moving company (McDougal & Son Moving) did awesome and once it got in place I felt a million times better and now have a smile from ear to ear. It really has to be seen in person to do it justice, its just crazy huge.

We'll definitely be talking soon, livestock planning to do. I may also get you to help me out with some aquascaping.

Congratulations! That tank is huge. Can't wait to see it done.

Thanks. Next comes water testing for leaks (knock on wood), but I may not have any actual livestock (fish and corals) in it till the new year. We'll see how it goes, taking my time, doing it right.

That was a great day to not be a mover-nice looking tank

FWIW, if you click the "quote +"(plus sign)" in the lower right corner of the post you are going to quote, (and do so on every post you want to reply to) and then on the last post you want to reply to click the actual "reply with quote" it will quote everyone you are replying to in a single thread-(clap)(if any of that made sense-DOH!)

It took me 2 years before someone pointed that out, and it was on Reef2Reef that they mentioned it-not on this forum-(laugh)

Anyway, it'll save you a TON of time.;)

Thats what I said too when I saw it. Was freakin out all day.

Well' date=' somebody has to get in it to put the rock in place, LOL[/quote']

Thanks' date=' had the chance and decided to swing for the Home Run. Its coming along awesome.[/quote']

I know this may sound bad but I felt the same I did just before my kid was born, I had a hard time sleeping last night and was freaking out. The moving company (McDougal & Son Moving) did awesome and once it got in place I felt a million times better and now have a smile from ear to ear. It really has to be seen in person to do it justice, its just crazy huge.

We'll definitely be talking soon, livestock planning to do. I may also get you to help me out with some aquascaping.

Thanks. Next comes water testing for leaks (knock on wood)' date=' but I may not have any actual livestock (fish and corals) in it till the new year. We'll see how it goes, taking my time, doing it right.[/quote']

Loving this thread Doug! That is beautiful! Nice to see it arrived in one piece. I would have had to look away when they were moving it into your house!

FWIW, if you click the "quote +"(plus sign)" in the lower right corner of the post you are going to quote, (and do so on every post you want to reply to) and then on the last post you want to reply to click the actual "reply with quote" it will quote everyone you are replying to in a single thread-(clap)(if any of that made sense-DOH!)

It took me 2 years before someone pointed that out, and it was on Reef2Reef that they mentioned it-not on this forum-(laugh)

See-(clap)

Thanks!

See-(clap)

And Thanks!

This is a world-class system you're putting together here. It's a privilege just to be getting these daily updates.

You are very welcome, hopefully I encourage others to go bigger.

Well if u need a hand with the rock lete know I would be honored to help and o would love to see it I'n person :)

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.497376,-122.564834

I will definitely let you know if I need help.

Loving this thread Doug! That is beautiful! Nice to see it arrived in one piece. I would have had to look away when they were moving it into your house!

Definitely had some moments of wondering "What did I get myself into!", but I got past the hard part, now comes the fun.

What type of clams are you using to secure your UV to the wall? Did they come with the unit or can you puchase them locally?

You can purchase them at Jerry's, I forget the name right now, but I will try to find out for you. You can probably get them at most hardware stores. They are made to work in the rail, you can loosen to move up/down, then tighten back up for a strong hold. Nothing came with the unit.