750 Gallon Reef, 1200 Gallon System, Join the Craziness!

oxx155

Really have no idea. I would add some butterscotch snails too along with nassarius snails

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Never heard of butterscotch snails before. And I have never had any success with Nassarius. I noticed you added numbers next to my list, I have seen other people with similar size systems going with double, triple, or even more than those numbers.

Douglas,

Give me a buzz and let's chat about your cleanup crew list. I have a few questions for ya and some suggestions that will help things progress real smoothly. Inverts are one of my main specialties and I love filling tanks with a huge diversity of them!!!

Definitely will. Let me know if you have a list in mind.

I have heard mixed reviews about bumblebee and nass snails, but it seems like the truth (as I read it) is that they are scavengers eating recently-dead things, not actually killing them. And that is what we want in a cuc. Also, my urchin hides most the time, so I'm not too worried about bumping into it

Started to move some things in just to see how things are going to fit.

From right to left - Kalk Reactor, Calcium Reactor, Ozone Reactor, Carbon Reactor for Ozone, Phosban Reactor, Carbon Reactor.

P9270003.jpg

Protein Skimmer in its 24"x24" enclosure, LOL, needs some cleaning though

P9270001.jpg

Thinking about

300 - Blue Leg Reef Hermits

30 - Scarlet Reef Hermits

20 - Emerald Crabs

10 - Turbo Snails

200 - Cerith Snails

20 - Peppermint Shrimp

5 - Blood Red Fire Shrimp

10 - Cleaner Shrimp

3 - Banded Coral Shrimp

8 - Sand Sifting Starfish

4 - Linkia Starfish

6 - Cucumbers

10 - Fighting Conchs

2 - Halloween Urchins

2 - Royal Urchins

I am also thinking about a school of 50 Blue/Green Reef Chromis and possibly a school of 20 Anthias. Obviously there will be a lot of Tangs as the show point.

Looks great! I would probably mix up some Mexican Red legs in with the Blue leg hermits and I would add a bunch of algae grazing snails to the list. Astreas, Mexican Turbos, Trochus, Nerites etc. I would add in a bunch of Nassarius Snails for sand sifting in addition to the ceriths. There are a few other critters that would do nicely as well. The 50 green chromis and 20 anthias will also look killer!! Give me a buzz or email to chat about it more.

Mounted my 120w Aqua UV Sterilizer

P9300014.jpg

Also mounted the 4" drain pipe. The overflows have six 1-1/2" drains that can handle up to 12,600gph, and they all drain into the 4" pipe that can handle up to 14,400gph. But, at the moment I will be running a Reeflo Hammerhead that should max at around 5,000gph after head pressure, but I can in the future hook up a second if I wish and still have a buffer zone. The 4" drains into the start of my sump system.

P9300015.jpg

Looks great! I would probably mix up some Mexican Red legs in with the Blue leg hermits and I would add a bunch of algae grazing snails to the list. Astreas' date=' Mexican Turbos, Trochus, Nerites etc. I would add in a bunch of Nassarius Snails for sand sifting in addition to the ceriths. There are a few other critters that would do nicely as well. The 50 green chromis and 20 anthias will also look killer!! Give me a buzz or email to chat about it more.[/quote']

The reason I lean towards the Blue Leg is I have had both over years and it seems the Blue Legs always last longer and do better than the Red. Same with Astreas, Trochus, and Nassarius, just could never keep them going. The list I made is of critters that I have been able to keep alive and have generally done a good job. But, that doesn't mean I am not open to some changes. I will definitely email you soon to start some ideas.

Great looking setup so far. One question - can you explain to me how the filter sock setup is going to work? Will water just cascade over the top of them and then down and through? I wonder if all the waster material will end up in 1 sock rather than spread across them.

Yes, water goes over the top and down through the socks. I will have filter pad over the first 6 socks and I believe that should help spread the water out over all the socks. But, also, if the first couple of socks get clogged up (if I am out of town or overly busy and can't change them quick enough) then the water will continue to move onto other socks. If they all get clogged (hopefully never) then the water will just flow over the top and into the next chamber that contains the Protein Skimmer.

Potential Fish List

50 - Green Reef Chromis

10 - Blue Reef Chromis

20 - Anthias

6 - Pajama Cardinal

6 - Kauderns Cardinal

1 - Coral Beauty Angelfish

1 - Flame Angelfish

1 - Potters Angelfish

3 - Sailfin Algae Blenny

2 - Percula Clownfish

2 - Platinum Clownfish

2 - Black/White Clownfish

1 - Green Mandarin Dragonet

1 - Red Mandarin Dragonet

1 - Spotted Mandarin Dragonet

3 - Scooter Blenny

2 - Red Scooter Blenny

1 - Magnificent Foxface

1 - Two Barred Rabbitfish

6 - Goby/Shrimp Combos

3 - Yellow Tangs

2 - Blue Tangs

1 - Naso Tang

1 - Sailfin Tang

1 - Desjardini Sailfin Tang

1 - Vlamingii Tang

1 - Purple Tang

1 - Chevron Tang

1 - Sohal Tang

3 - Various Fairy Wrasse

1 - Mystery Wrasse

1 - Six Line Wrasse

1 - Four Line Wrasse

Either would be doable. The Achilles is alot like the powder blue, brown, or black. They are great once you get them stable but they are really prone to ich/spotting the first month so. I have a customer that has one in his tank that I got him last year and it is doing awesome!! I have a pretty good source for them if you decide to give it a try. They are sort of an expensive gamble but if it lives it is a huge payout :)