750 Gallon Reef, 1200 Gallon System, Join the Craziness!

oxx155

Who makes that skimmer?

Aquarium Engineering out of Bristol. This is the guy that built the 20,000 gallon aquarium in his home outside of Chicago. He builds aquarium equipment as a side job/hobby. Loved his Calcium Reactor, and he made me a deal on this skimmer, so I jumped.

SWEET!

looks alot like one i've seen on RC

Excited to see this come in to play!

Douglas all I have to say is hail to the mighty skimmer!(icon)(icon)(icon)(icon)(icon) WOW!!!!

There is a guy in wisconsin that makes some like that.

Thanks everyone. I am hooking it directly from the overflow, so all water will be skimmed first. The outflow will go to the beginning of my sump and through the rest of the filtration process. I don't think my water could get any cleaner after this change.

Since a couple of people have been asking;

ATB Deluxe 18 Internal w/ a spare Airstar 4200 pump and cup shutoff - $2500 OBO ($4100 new w/ spare pump)

Works great, I just have a bad habit of buying new stuff, LOL

It will be a couple of weeks before its ready (since I am still currently using it), but I am open to first come first serve, Cash, Credit Card, or Paypal. It would have to be a good deal and something really nice for me to be interested in a trade.

• 2 years later...

I am sorry I didn't keep this thread more up to date during the last 2 years, but work just kept getting busier and busier.

Work and some other life changes led towards my decision (and not an easy one) to get out of the hobby for a little while.

I want to give a HUGE THANKS to everyone who was a part in building, stocking, and maintenancing the tank, especially a big thanks to Cellowithgills (Micah) with his amazing support and knowledge, the tank would not have become as amazing as it was without him.

Thank you to everyone who took livestock and equipment during the sale, it certainly made things much easier. The tank itself is going to a very excited hobbyist in Michigan.

I am sure I will be back and probably with something much bigger and crazier, LOL

TankFinalPic_zpskhwuygbt.jpg

MicahClam_zpsbmxpvruo.jpg

PA090067.jpg

I wish everyone the utmost best in your own ambitions with this hobby.

Thanks Douglas! It was a pleasure to get to know you and your awesome tanks! Your support of the club is also greatly appreciated! I have fond memories of the awesome meetings you hosted!

thats sad! So that tank was took down?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

thats sad! So that tank was took down?!

Yes, it was taken down unfortunately. Thankfully everything found a new home. Hopefully I will be back sooner than later and I am sure I will have something for everyone to drool over, LOL

Yes, it was taken down unfortunately. Thankfully everything found a new home. Hopefully I will be back sooner than later and I am sure I will have something for everyone to drool over, LOL

you were the guy with this tank! Mad respect, mad respect! So sorry that happened! And Ya I'm sure we will see something even more awesome;)!

• 1 year later...