SAD

Mandinga

Had a jumper....my faorite flasher did a swan dive into the carpet this morning. Worse thing is my 4-year old son found him.

CSI is investigating. Two other wrasses are suspected in the incident and are being held without bail.

Had a jumper....my faorite flasher did a swan dive into the carpet this morning. Worse thing is my 4-year old son found him.

CSI is investigating. Two other wrasses are suspected in the incident and are being held without bail.

Sry to hear that but glad u caught the suspects

I had my flasher jump out of my tank too. I heard him splash then I looked over there a second later and saw my little boston terrier in the area then licking her shops. And I had thought not aonly did my flasher commit suicide but my dog ate it. Three days later I was changing filter socks and found that the thing had bounced off the wall and into my sump and not just into my sump but into my filter sock. Very strange. Nevertheless its the last time that flasher has jumped out of the water. Sorry for your loss

Cory

• 2 weeks later...

I had my firefish jump and end up in the sump. After spending hours trying to catch it, without clearing everything out of the sump and it jumping from chamber to chamber, it jumped from the main tank again a couple days later.

Sorry to hear that. But make sure the FBI doesn't take over the case. The wrasses will be arrested for murder.

Dang that sucks!! Sorry to hear man, its tough to find that fish on the carpet i know...had a flasher and a coris wrase do the same even with eggcrate covering the tank! I bought some of that clear mesh it has like 1/4 squares and i'm going to make a cover with window screen frame with it.

I plan on putting a screen up. I have had flashers for like 8 months and never had a problem.

Sorry for the loss, wrasses are some of the prettiest fish-What type of flasher

I get fish that like to jump when the lights go out' date=' and I have lost a nice female rhomboid to jumping amnong a few other nice fish. Using eggcrate right now until I decide what kind of tank to upgrade to. Gonna have a sealed tight lid after that.[/quote']

Possible false security using eggcrate, depends on the size of fish of course. I've read plenty of threads where the fish jumped righ through the egg crate.

This stuff is awesome

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/clear-1-4-screen-netting-7-x-3.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-4-Wide-Clear-Polypropylene-Mesh-Tank-Screen-Tops-/260513317691?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ca7cdc33b

Archived