Reefnjunkie's 400 gallon inwall

reefnjunkie

What are you doing about the sides of the tank that are see through? On my tank I used 5% window tint.

I don't think he will need anything, kind of counterintuitive but Smann has clear sides on his in wall and you can see the living room from the fish room but not the other way around. (scratch).

Looks good man cant wait to see it fully stocked. Let me know when you want to start puting rock in it I can give you a hand if you need or want. We will just need to plan ahead again like we did for the tank. I am more happy to help when ever I can.

Thanks again, but I thnk I got it from here but good to know!

Very awesome Brad. Trying to plan my upgrade now. Although it's gonna be quite some time. I'm thinking 96x36x24 coast to coast. I love the way you and smann have the overflow. Absolutely the sickest idea ever.

My overflow box is about 20-25 gallons-:pLOL great for surface skimming

What are you doing about the sides of the tank that are see through? On my tank I used 5% window tint.

Once the water is inside you cant see anythng but the reflection in the tank-My wife gave me the "WTH are you thinking, you can see intot her garage" (wife) but thats because its empty

Looks great Brad! Don't let Beth see this it will give her ideas! :). A lot of hard work ' date=' wheeling and dealing has gone into this and now it's finally paying off![/quote']

Oh and the dealing and work are not over-I just realized I need another 2nd sump since the custom built one is for a smaller set up-the new 2nd sump is 48*30*18 and will be 112 gallons, giving my new 2 sumps volume roughly 140 gallons of "working water"-DOH!

Looking great

Thanks!

Looking good brad & glad to help u out & if u need anymore help feel free to ask .

Oh I will (whistle) thanks again!

I don't think he will need anything' date=' kind of counterintuitive but Smann has clear sides on his in wall and you can see the living room from the fish room but not the other way around. (scratch).[/quote']

Exactely, I did not realize you can see into the room from the tank side??? Interesting, I can spy on peeps on the family room (laugh)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So I got way behind with updates...................

fast forward-Everything is done and with 450 of live rock sitting in a tub for 6 months I had no cycle-(clap)

I could blah blah blah but here a few rushed pics since Smann made me feel guilty(nono)

DOH!(whistle)

IMG_3168.jpg

IMG_3167.jpg

IMG_3169.jpg

IMG_3166.jpg

Last night I started to move things from the temp tank

IMG_3170.jpg

Rock work is far from done-I have 3 boulders I want to use from the 150 gallon-I think I have to much rock.

Still lots to do

IMG_3164.jpg

I still have all this to try and get in there-have not cleaned the glass this month-been busy

IMG_3171.jpg

(clap)

Looking good cant wait to start mine....

Thanks Frank-Its a lot bigger project than I thought when trying to piggyback onto everything else-DOH!

Looking great!!!! can't wait to see when ya get all the livestock moved over!!!

I agree somewhat-its actually going to look much better when IO can actually fine tune the asthetics-I cant really arrange all the rock the way I want since there are 3 large pieces in the 150 plus half a dozen neat shaped ones I want to use-

I have WAY to much live rock-(nutty)

Looks good Brad' date=' are you going to add more light?[/quote']

Yes on more light-Thats just half of what will light the tank-That fixture has 144 3-watt crees with 2 6 foot VHO actinics- It will light the rear half while the other 3 fixtures I built will light the fromt for a total 288 3 watt LEDs and the actinics

WOW Brad' date=' tank looks awesome. Looks like you've been busy since I was over. Nice job on the remodel. Can't wait to see it filled with all the stock from your old DT.[/quote']

Busy did you say(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

OMG-can you say every day for the last......................how many days-(nutty)

I am really liking how the garage section turn out-John was a great help witht he framing and sheetrock/texture work. I just got all the trim work done Thursday whaich is why those photos are so cluttered

But it'll all be worth it-I'm going to have to move things over faster than I figure, I need the LED's from the temp tank-It may all happen this weekend depending on how water params keep up

Hurry up and get that frag tank on line, it's just siting there, empty, lonely, neglected DOH!

You know what a blivid is: looks like you have more in that temp tank than you have room in the new tank (laugh)

Thats plain funny there, the frag tank will get done sometime in Dec I believe (LATE Dec) The main focus is getting this one online and everything over

Speaking of everything-no I dont think it'll all fit, I was looking closely at that last night-

I bet I got 200+ lbs of live rock that wont fir and alot of corals may not make the cut to the final tank-but thats where the frag tank will help.

You need to get your tank up and going so we can "do some thinning" of what I have(clap)

I'll post a more detailed (worth while) update later.

Thanks for comments;)

ITS DONE

OMG-I cant believe it but I just got finished moving everything over and I have attached a lot of corals but still have a lot more to attach.

All the fish seem to like the added space too

Here are a few quick shots-very crappy pics but I was in a hurry-more and better pics to come once things get less hectic

Right side;

IMG_3172.jpg

Left side;

IMG_3174.jpg

Left end view;

IMG_3176.jpg

FTS;

IMG_3175.jpg

I still have all the trim work to do plus another LED fixture to set up-thats why the left side is still so dim also I need to get the APEX online-Still lots to do but at least the corals and fish are moved over.

Dang!' date=' That looks good Brad, Love the left end shot...48" I wish!![/quote']Thanks Steve-I really dig the footprint-There are so many arches and place the fish can swim through they seem really happy too-(laugh)

Looks like you might actually have some room for a couple new colonies now...

Great looking setup

Man I wish

You will see once I get better pics posted but I still have about 25-30 "frags" to attach and 2 colonies plus I have 30+ chalaices and 25 different acans that are not in there either(sad) and more-DOH!

Looks great! I wish I could have a bigger tank (sad)

Thanks J-Dog-Its been a dream I've had for over 20 years

CONGRATS! Verry cool.

Hey you are still around-(clap) Thanks man-I still have that 1 frag of the unknown I got from you, now it has a place to "grow up"-hope all is good with ya!

Looks sweet Brad. I need to come over soon and take a look.

The "room" needs cleaning-I can barely stand in there but yes you'll need to swing by-These pics IMO suck but they were rushed and from a distance.

Since the wife had back surgery, I have been home taking care of her and working on this-thats been 2 weeks ago yesterday-had that not been the case and the amount of work I've put into this as of recent, it would have been Christmas at least before I was this far.

Today I will move over the last LED fixture, get the APEX online, hook up the auto top off and wire in the humidstat-THEN I thnk its time to relax before the Thanksgiving holiday

Thanks for all the comments everyone!