Adding a 20g

Jules

I found a 20g in CL I couldn't resist getting, the price very good and the tank is in excellent condition. Came with the sand, heater, Marinelnad HOB, and Mariineland H.O.T. Canister filter with some sort of skimmer attacked to it (not using it yet, a lot of micro bubbles come out of it, need to learn more about it)

3 days up and running with the bio-wheel, still need to get some live rock for it.

post-6292-141867787046_thumb.jpg

post-6292-141867787048_thumb.jpg

post-6292-14186778705_thumb.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions on power heads for circulation. I think the ViaAqua 1300 is a bit big AND bulky for the DT but I wanted it in there till I got a replacement part for the canister filter.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got this Laonmower Blenny from the TFT fish auction...thank you Oceans in a Box for holding him for me till the next day to pick him up, I really appreciate that.

I didn't realize how big he really was but he is doing good and has since switched to another rock. I have 20lbs more rock coming as well.

So far this is the only fish in the tank with 2 cerith and one Naussarius for clean up atm.

Not sure what else to put in there, he is a big guy!

[ATTACH]11639[/ATTACH]

post-6292-141867760166_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Updated pics

IMG_5905.jpg

IMG_5904.jpg

IMG_5897.jpg

IMG_5891.jpg

IMG_5866.jpg

My dog Toby loves to watch the fish and hermit crabs

IMG_5912.jpg

This photo, it was a gsp that didn't do very well, I don't know what is going on with it now, if that is red bubble algea growing there with it or what. It is coming back since I placed it in there with the new lighting but if anyone can tell what that is with it feel free to let me know. There is a big sponge growing on the bottom of the rock it is on too but I buried it in the sand.

I have some of that star polyp if you want to try some more' date=' also some pink Xenia[/quote']

I actually got those from you :) I'm sure it was the inadequate lighting I had in that eclipse, along with switching from one tank to another and back again. :(

I still have a frag of one of the two xenia you gave me. (forgot to take a picture of it). It is splitting into 3 sections after being in the new tank for a week or two.

If this gsp doesn't take off I wouldn't mind getting more from you again.

Hey that tank is looking great' date=' nice job!! Planning any other fish?[/quote']

Not at the moment, I just bought the 55g from KMiller so I am going to combine the two tanks and then I can think about getting more fish. :D I'm not sure what they will be yet.

The tank is lookin good! I'm glad to see that Jabba isn't starving lol.

Thanks! Jabba eats just about anything i put in there now, not so much the greens on the clip as he really likes the frozen food, including the meaty food I put in a net for the hermits to eat, he goes gets some too. Of course he has to compete with the clowns, they try to get every morsel that falls, he is getting better at getting in there too. He seems to be happy, but I'm sure he will be happier once I get him into the 55g.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Just a couple updated pics, everything is doing really good, have yet to get anything new or start my upgrade but the corals I have now are doing great.

fishtank023.jpg

fishtank022.jpg

This polyp is splitting I think...

fishtank018.jpg

This feather duster just showed up, I think it was hitchhiking on this snail that is now just an empty shell

fishtank019.jpg

Very cool' date=' might not be a feather duster ;) but they look pretty none the less. I have a lot of these little small feather duster looking things in my tank. Maybe this one is though ;) I love the red algae in there, b e a utiful ;)[/quote']

I have a few of the tiny red feather dusters on the LR. This morning I looked and the shell has been moved, the little "feather duster" is still there and I think the other part sticking up must have been the snout/nose of my naussarius snail...it's not there anymore.

Thanks about the algae, I really like the color of it. I have some other kind I have yet to put in there, it is dark green and branchy looking, not sure exactly what kind right off hand. I don't know where to put it yet.

Archived