Pulsing Xenia needs a home

andy

I've got a Xenia colony that needs a home. It's growing on a 3x6" piece of LR rubble and is threatening to spread. I'd be happiest if I were able trade it for something (anything!) but a savvy negotiator could likely take it off my hands for pretty-much nothing (okay... okay.. literally nothing).

272907797_2a7f9c9438.jpg

Xenia

Andy, this looks like the long stem Xenia on your picture, or is it the Pom Pom Xenia?

JeffP and dsoz, this thing grows like crazy once it starts to take off , you might actually consider using the chain saw if it ever decides that your tank is a pretty good home. Soooooo how about whomever gets it grows it and frags it to the other two?(naughty)

I will take it you can wait till Saturday for me to come get it.

I can then frag it for the other three. It will grow fast in my tank

starr

I'll hold you to that offer. my tank will not be ready for a long time :(

Shrooms too?

ReefStar Way To GO (rock2)

Star saves the day ladies and gentleman (clap) and 5 happy reefers.

Oh so are you also fragging that nice blue shroom, me like those a lot. They also grow very fast when they start liking the tank. If you have extra shroom by the time its Xenia harvest time, I would definitely be delighted to relieve your tank from one too many shrooms :D Have you tried to actually force reproduce that one ( you know the infamous mixer receipe) (laugh) ?????

ReefStar Way To GO (rock2)

Star saves the day ladies and gentleman (clap) and 5 happy reefers.

Oh so are you also fragging that nice blue shroom, me like those a lot. They also grow very fast when they start liking the tank. If you have extra shroom by the time its Xenia harvest time, I would definitely be delighted to relieve your tank from one too many shrooms :D Have you tried to actually force reproduce that one ( you know the infamous mixer receipe) (laugh) ?????

I have many if you want some. I have offered him off for trade for the Xenia but I have 3 small ones you can have. Also I have not tried the mixer I really have no need, they grow like weeds in my tank. I just put rubble rock by them and BAM! another ready for transport.

starr

pic of the tree small ones and another of the main bunch I frag from. (That my clownfishys home)

post-354-141867735607_thumb.jpg

post-354-14186773561_thumb.jpg

I can't tell yet I just put them in them in there from my main tank. (over grow). I set it up for a frag/quarantine tank. it is a 5 gallon with 2x18w via aqua pc lights and a red sea nano hot filter for now.

I plan on adding a small power head and upgrading the filter soon.

Here is a pic of the Xeniya I got from Andy today under the 14k HQI. I think it looked better in his tank under 10k MH and a single 48" actinc VHO.

post-354-141867735613_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
So Starr what is the update on the Xenia. Is it growing? I'll be ready for it and your shrooms soon. Do you come to PDX often?

here is a pic the lighting is my 36w pc's sence my MH took a crap. I only have 2 very small shroom right now but will try to frag of a large one or two for you.

starr

post-354-141867735652_thumb.jpg

Xenia grows like crazy in my tank' date=' so I always have a few frags every month if anyone is interested, also I have a ton of those green striped mushrooms. I'm willing to trade for just about anything, or if you don't have anything, that's ok too.[/quote']

I'll be looking for you in about 4 weeks :)