Hello--yet ANOTHER intro

Sol

Hey guys,

Does the chat feature ever get used much? I'd love to meet some of you guys in chat which is at least a little more personal than forum talk.

And who, BTW, is going to the meeting on the 18th?

-Sol

Sol,

PM Lowman with your e-mail address and he will put you on the e-vite list. This will let you know about upcoming events and will also tell you who is going to the meeting.

The easiest way to get people into the chat room is to post in the general forum that you would like to start a chat. We try to chat every monday at 8:00pm.

Jay

I thought I'd keep this thread updated as a sort of journal of the development of my tank.

I added the first two corals today, bought from WAVES marine. Great service and products BTW (Waves, will you give me free coral if I shamelessly advertise you? (whistle))

The first was a green with purple tips frogspawn:

frogspawn.jpg

And the second was a colony of really cool looking zoathids:

zoas.jpg

If these corals look happy, I hope to add a few SPS by the end of march. Anyone selling frags at the meeting next week?

Hope you enjoy the pics.

-Sol

• 2 weeks later...

Guess it's time to update this...

A couple new corals have gone into my tank, mostly SPS. Well, I know these threads are useless without pics, so here goes:

First off is the beige acro colony I got at the meeting from fanta-seas:

beigeacro.jpg

And also from fanta-seas, a green-with-purple-rim cap frag (not much to look at at the moment):

greenpurplecap.jpg

And then two corals from Upscales: an orange cap, and a yellow acro (ID anyone??)

orangecap.jpg

yellowacro.jpg

And a pic I really liked of my frogspawn (not a new coral, but a new pic)

anotherfrogspawnpic.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy.

Sol

PS mods, maybe this should get moved to the member tanks section now that that's what it is about...

Sol, from the photo it appears to be RTNing on some spots,, other spots look as though they are dead and have algae growing on them. I could be way off, but if it recovers consider yourself super lucky.

If you pull it out and smell it, it should have a strong "fresh coral" smell, compare its smell with one of the other SPS colonies that are doing well.

Thanks for the input Joel.

There definitely is some brown algae growth in certain spots. I'm not seeing RTN as I've heard it described, but like I said I'm new to SPS and might not recognize it happening. In any case, let's hope it survives...If it doesn't, I won't be terribly distrought considering it only cost $10.

Thanks again with all the info, and BTW I'll most likely take a swing by the shop tomorrow. If I can work out the timing with my other commitments.

-Sol

• 3 weeks later...

I did lose the beige acro as Joel predicted :( . Oh well, these things happen I suppose.

Meanwhile, the rest of the SPS and other corals continue to do well. I've also added a sun coral, which can be seen enjoying some yummy mysis below.

suncoraleu8.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy.

-Sol