Berghia Nudibranch Group buy Part II

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Sharole. Those of you with aiptasia should also consider trying 2 to 3 peppermint shrimp. That's what I would try if I didn't have wrasses in my tank that just eat them.

I bought two of them and put them in my fuge, which had an outbreak. If I move them up to my tank now that it's clean down there, will my yellow wrasse feast on them? And I just read on reefcentral that peppermints can and often eat lps.

I bought two of them and put them in my fuge' date=' which had an outbreak. If I move them up to my tank now that it's clean down there, will my yellow wrasse feast on them? And I just read on reefcentral that peppermints can and often eat lps.[/quote']

I have never heard of them eating LPS. I have not had that problem with any of my wrasses but you never know. I had hippo tangs that pecked at my acans. I had an emerald crab that would pull corals under the rocks. You just never know. It's hit or miss with wrasses. I have a mystery wrasse and melanarus and a sudden disappearance of 2 cleaner shrimp and a fire shrimp and I tried 2 peppermints in the tank before and they also mysteriously disappeared. I don't think yellow wrasses are known for feasting on shrimp as much as mystery wrasses.

And I just read on reefcentral that peppermints can and often eat lps.

They absolutely will. I had three and they quickly took care of my aptasia problem. Once the aptasia were gone they decided to eat and destroy my duncans. Fortunately I figured it out before they killed anything else. Wouldn't touch majanjos though. My tank is 100% aptasia free, but I have tons of majanjos.

I put 4 peppermint shrimp in a few months ago. When I moved tanks, I found 3. Haven't seen them since, and I don't think they've seen my aiptasia at all. (laugh) I just did a super duper douse w/ aiptasia x last night, right before the water change.

Just an update

I finally heard back from the Berghia breeder and unfortunately this group buy is not going to happen(sad).

Hey Kim. All of my cultures have stopped growing out any berghia and I shut it all down. I'm going to buy a new batch and start culturing again in a couple months, but for right now I need a break from it. Sorry.

Jeremy

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if anyone has any left from this group buy. I am interested in getting 3-5 because my inaccessible overflow is filled with the glass nems. I can get rid of them in the front of the tank, but they always come back from the overflow.

Also, I was just wondering if anyone wanted to get another group buy going.

Archived