TFT Disc Golf Tournament!

Mohaynow

Alright, I have been working on things and its coming together. So heres the details that I got so far. If anyone has any suggestions please chime in.

Where: Champoeg state park LINK

When: Sunday July 31 about noonish

Why: a charity tournament to raise funds for the Tanks for Teachers program.

How much: A $10 entry fee (which will go straight to TFT)

There will be prizes for the top placing players and a few side contests will be thrown in. I already have a few donations from local shops for some nifty prizes. I already have donations from:

Oceans in a Box

The Premium Aquarium

Totally Exotic Corals of Oregon

Coral Reef Pet Center

Bulk Reef Supply

Barrier Reef Aquariums

Seachem

Ocean Nutrition

Premium Aquatics

Ed's Reef

So, if you want to participate just shoot me a pm and I will get ya on the list.

Heres the list from the old thread

Intersted peoples:

Michael7979 Maybe

J.R. Maybe

Reffit

Mwheeler Maybe

New list! get moved from the old list to the new list by confirming that you would like to join.

Emerald525

Tanktop74

Haywood

Mohaynow

Topher

Mr S

Ryan in Salem

Algae

Reefsickness

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, if everyone that would like to participate please send me a pm, please include your real name and your skill level ie. never played, played a few times, used to play a lot and so on. Also pre-payment can be sent to Tanksforteacher@gmail.com via paypal, just make sure that you include your screen name, what its for and please make sure to send it as a gift so that tft doesn't get stuck paying the paypal fees. Thank you very much to everyone that is participating at any level!

Also, do not let not having any golf discs discourage you, I have about 20 extras that I can let others use.

I'm going to take a look at my work schedule and see if I can take that day off. I will get back to you in a few days. So with the few of us that have never played before are you going to allow us to have a handicap or are we just stuck playing at the same level as the rest of you? I know it's for a good cause but of course I want to win prizes too! (laugh)

Thanks for doing this Josh. Those of you who don't have a paypal account can just give me the money directly too.

I have never played. I do not own a disc. I have never played golf unless you count minature golf but I have played frisbee.

I have no chance of hell in winning. I do not intend on practicing. I may look at a frisbee and yet Beth and I are still in!(clap)

As Josh said TFT paypal is:

tanksforteacher@gmail.com please let me know who you are.

I will be spliting the ranking up into three groups based on experience and each group will have at least one prize (more, if I can get enough donations). So please be honest when you tell me how much experience you have. Most importantly tho, this is to raise funds for TFT and to have a good time doing so. I was also going to look into having some comemorative t-shirts made, these would be available at an additional cost, let me know what you think and I will get crackin on a design.

Hey Josh, where are we at on this endeavor. I assume that I am going to help you get this organized and ready to go. Lets make sure we know for sure who wants to participate, groupings, etc. If you already have everything figured out then I will help you get the actual day of the tournie stuff organized. We can do a practice trip the next time you get a weekday off.

Thanks Roger, I will give you a call later in the week to hash out the details. As for the t-shirts I previously mentioned, I am no artist but I put a little something together. I was thinking this on the front

TFTTshirt1copy.jpg

and maybe the pnwmas logo and a list of sponsors on the back. I havent looked into getting them made or how much it would cost though. Maybe the 4 other people that have recently shown an interest in participating and pm'd me about doing so could chime in on wether or not they would like one or not.

For those of you on the fence, it will be a lot of fun and its for a great cause, and theirs prizes! I will try my hardest to make sure that everyone has a fair chance to win something.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked into getting the shirts made and the setup cost for having them made is $55 without the cost of the shirts, so unless we end up needing like 30 shirts its probably not going to happen. But I did talk with Jon from brs today and they made a very nice donation for the prize table. So come on out and help tft and have a good time!

I'm in. I can't throw a frisbee worth beans but it will be fun. Plus, I'm now an official TFT beneficiary. Roger just hooked me up with a tank for my class. I'll be posting pics soon.

Ryan-

Awesome! We will get you your on section in the TFT forum area. What's the name of your school again?

Hey Cr...p. These are a bunch of cool people and it is only $10 bucks! And look at the donation list with the $ going for TFT. I am in and if I can't make it it's only a ten-spot! Can I use a motorized version?

Archived