Dosing Hydrogen Peroxide for Dino's

J-Dog

Has anyone had any luck with dosing hydrogen peroxide to kill there dino's? I researched all day and have read tons of promising reports. After having these guys for months now (after first thinking they were diatoms, to cyano, to now dino's), I am gonna take the plunge and try dosing peroxide! I am going to start tonight, so if u have any helpful info to offer, please speak up before it's too late! (scary)

I will update this thread daily to let everyone know if it's working or not (even if it kills my fish and corals) LOL

I use hydrogen Peroxide for algae (turf) on frags (dip) with success.

How do you know you are dealing with dinoflagellates? The only way to be sure is to look at them under the microscope and verify that the flagella is present.

How does a common person identify dino's? I don't have a microscope, so all I can do is show pictures and ask people what I'm dealing with. Any advice u have would be very helpful, thanks.

You can guess by a picture or by having someone with experience looking at them. But it is juts a guess.

The microscope is the only way to be sure about what you are dealing with. That's why I got one and I suggest it to other people in the hobby as part of the equipment.

You can discover a new world just investing a few bucks on CL :)

Archived