Advise please Water Flow

Westwood

According to Bob finner my tank isnt getting enough wave action so what would you guys tell me to get as far as a power head .

tank is a 175g Loaded with green hair But its dieing as we speak ( trick from Bob) anyway

i have 2 seio 1500 one on each end . so should i put them on one end with a smaller power head on the other side ? Tammy

• 1 month later...

You can't put Seios on an on/off timer, you have to get their controller. Most of them have startup issues. The controller runs like 200-250. I would add another Seio or Koralia pump, bouncing all 3 off different walls. That should get things nice and chaotic in there ;)

The Seio really don't have that good of a flow in the first place. But it is what it is. What are the dimensions of your tank. What return do you have? I have a couple of Ideas depending on the latter. Do you have a pic. And we don't worry about the hair.

Tammy. was up girl? It's Kevin from seahorse.org

The amount of flow needed for a tank is very much dependent on the livestock being kept in the tank. Some livestock actually needs lower flow, or flow that is greatly broken up in order to thrive.

To give the best advice on how or if you need more flow you'll have to let us know what your keeping in the system.

HTH

Kevin