WTB Mustang

Mitchell

I just got my permit a couple weeks ago and need a car to learn how to drive in. I think we have decided on a 1994-2004 gt mustang. I have a budget of $5000 and the car needs to be an automatic. We have checked out a few cars that were on craigslist, but the people on craigslist seem to be nothing but scammers. Does anyone have or know of anyone selling a 1994-2004 automatic gt mustang for under $5000?

Check out Portland Rescue Mission. Search it on craigslist. I am the Mechanic who works on all the cars. We have a 97 gt mustang right now. Thing that sucks is it is a V8 car high insurance costs. We also have alot of other cars for great deals if you just wanna come check it out. Good luck with your first car!!!

My first vehicle was a pickup truck... cheap insurance and you can haul your stuff around, especially if you need to move a big aquarium ;)

I agree with the manual transmission... definitely worth learning and more fun to drive.

My parents are pretty adamant about it being an automatic.

The insurance isn't that bad since I'll be on my parents plan and I'm taking this driving safety class. There is actually just a couple dollars difference between the gt and the v6.

I went to the Portland Rescue Mission's site and didn't see a mustang on there, maybe they didn't put it up yet. Is it an automatic?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

My parents are pretty adamant about it being an automatic.

The insurance isn't that bad since I'll be on my parents plan and I'm taking this driving safety class. There is actually just a couple dollars difference between the gt and the v6.

I went to the Portland Rescue Mission's site and didn't see a mustang on there, maybe they didn't put it up yet. Is it an automatic?

It's best to have your own policy from my experience, but that's just my opinion.. keeps your parents safe if you have any incidents as a young driver

Widen your search Mitchell. There is nothing wrong with an 87-93 Foxbody Mustang. They are pretty hot little cars. You can pick them up for considerably less than 5K also. As the father of two boys, now 21 and 20 who have driven nothing but Mustangs since they got their licenses, I can verify that there is not but a few dollars difference between a V6 and a V8. My youngest son had an 87 GT automatic for his first car. They are actually pretty nice cars. My older son had a 93 GT 5 speed for his first car. Currently my younger son drives a 2000 V6, 5 speed and my oldest has a 99 Cobra, 5 speed (obviously). Personally, I would stay away from 94's and 95's, they are really POS's. In 96 Ford finally got their act together and started producing decent Mustangs again. Seriously, don't be afraid to look at an 87-93 model, there are millions of them out there and lots and lots of (inexpensive) parts for modification if you so desire.

I'll keep my eyes open.

• 2 weeks later...
I finally got one! Its a 2000 mustang gt. Here is a picture. Thanks for your help guys!

photobucket-6078-1309215549169.jpg

Sweet!!! That car looks like fun. I have a 2000 altima, we should race them. LOL Try to keep it under 120 mph ;)

Archived