1. 1.

• IPHONE
    • HTC INCREDIBLE 2
    • DROID X2
    • HTC THUNDERBOLT

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seems to me like a lot of people buy iphone cuz its iphone...they like it but dont really know why...they just say its good...whats good? I know it has a good screen but marginal camera? so they look good on the phone but not on anything else. If you are a mac person fine...but if you are just trying to incorporate it into your "non-mac" lifestyle, it is more of a headache...

IPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphone

iphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONE

IPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphone

iphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONEiphoneIPHONE

And MVP I'm a PC guy but when it comes to smart phones everyone else is just trying to keep up with Apple. <-IMO

No, I passed one up by choice...based on camera and apps and I am a google fan...verizon acutally sold me on the incredible 2 over the X. Much better visuals. No one that worked in the store even used Iphone.

What is it that you like about iphone? What are they keeping up with? (phones not computers)

the limitations of the iPhone are virtually endless. I knew I wanted one but waited and waited and waited. Now I feel like an idiot for waiting. I couldn't live without it now. I know 4 people that have droid x's and driod 2's and they wish they had got the iPhone. Come on Ryan, all the Kool Katz are doing it! JOIN THE DARK SIDE!!!

No, I passed one up by choice...based on camera and apps and I am a google fan...verizon acutally sold me on the incredible 2 over the X. Much better visuals. No one that worked in the store even used Iphone.

What is it that you like about iphone? What are they keeping up with? (phones not computers)

I'll bet you bought a Zune too. (laugh)

Look, there is the iphone, then there is everything else. Nothing else compares to the iphone. UI, ease of use, number of apps available, quality of apps, Doodle Jump, on and on. Every other player is busy playing catch-up. Meanwhile the iphone keeps getting better and better. Face it, Apple has the smartphone and tablet market sown up. Everybody else will be has beens. This is exactly what happened in the 80's with Macs vs. PC's except in reverse. Apple is leading or gaining marketshare in every area they play in. All other pc makers are losing marketshare while macs are up 25% last quarter alone. Apple is now the second most valuable brand in the world. Go into any Apple store, it's mobbed. There is a reason for it: Superior products, superior user experience, superior software, superior support.

Most folks are not aware of it yet, but if you don't own an iphone, you basically own the equivalent of a Commodore 64. An orphan that only a few die hards will keep going just because they refuse to buy an Apple product.

I have both (Droid and Iphone) and I am a Mac guy.

I got my first iphone the same day they launched it and I love it.

The iphone is nicer. The droid works better and I like the software better.

But there is one main reason I like the droid better now, and it is the Google approach compared to Apple. With Google all is free, with Apple you pay.

I don't like the way Apple decided to sell their services. The Google cloud rocks

I'll bet you bought a Zune too. (laugh)

Look, there is the iphone, then there is everything else. Nothing else compares to the iphone. UI, ease of use, number of apps available, quality of apps, Doodle Jump, on and on. Every other player is busy playing catch-up. Meanwhile the iphone keeps getting better and better. Face it, Apple has the smartphone and tablet market sown up. Everybody else will be has beens. This is exactly what happened in the 80's with Macs vs. PC's except in reverse. Apple is leading or gaining marketshare in every area they play in. All other pc makers are losing marketshare while macs are up 25% last quarter alone. Apple is now the second most valuable brand in the world. Go into any Apple store, it's mobbed. There is a reason for it: Superior products, superior user experience, superior software, superior support.

Most folks are not aware of it yet, but if you don't own an iphone, you basically own the equivalent of a Commodore 64. An orphan that only a few die hards will keep going just because they refuse to buy an Apple product.

You must work for apple! I still dont get why it might be better? Stocks and trends dont really explain WHY it is better. Seems like alot of people that buy it are WANTING the best, paying for the best, but have no idea what they have. Ill admit they have an epic advertising campaign but all those apple users are paying that bill. Dont fall for false ads and false hope. Grab a droid. Hahaha

Why do iphone remind me of prius's

I have both (Droid and Iphone) and I am a Mac guy.

I got my first iphone the same day they launched it and I love it.

The iphone is nicer. The droid works better and I like the software better.

But there is one main reason I like the droid better now, and it is the Google approach compared to Apple. With Google all is free, with Apple you pay.

I don't like the way Apple decided to sell their services. The Google cloud rocks

I dont get it? Iphone is nicer but droids software is better and it works better? I am assuming you mean hardware?

If we are talking stocks I would invest in google anyday over apple...but I guess I don't follow short term trends, rather long-lasting tried-and-true, another reason apple anything costs up the ying-yang and google is free.

When the latest iMacs came out I spec'd item for item and a similar PC was $50 cheaper. On the laptop front the premium is probably closer to 5-10% depending on the model from the low to high-middle end. When you take into account design, build quality and service it may be worth it depending on how much value you place on those aspects.

When the latest iMacs came out I spec'd item for item and a similar PC was $50 cheaper.

$50 per laptop = lots of advertising/hype-up money for apple...do you really wanna pay their bill to be cool! oh jeez maybe I do need one!

$50 per laptop = lots of advertising/hype-up money for apple...do you really wanna pay their bill to be cool! oh jeez maybe I do need one!

Hmmm someone really doesn't like apple... i was a PC person until about 2 years ago, when I bought my first apple laptop, yes I paid more, but I have not had any issues with the blue screen of death, have a faster smoother running computer that doesn't take a year to boot up, I still have the option to use my Word programs, my phone, music and ipad all synch with it.

I had both the droid and now an iphone. With the iphone I can call someone and surf the internet or reply to texts. It takes better pictures, much easier to navigate and well sleeker than then the droids.

You must work for apple! I still dont get why it might be better? Stocks and trends dont really explain WHY it is better. Seems like alot of people that buy it are WANTING the best, paying for the best, but have no idea what they have. Ill admit they have an epic advertising campaign but all those apple users are paying that bill. Dont fall for false ads and false hope. Grab a droid. Hahaha

Why do iphone remind me of prius's

I dont get it? Iphone is nicer but droids software is better and it works better? I am

assuming you mean hardware?

If we are talking stocks I would invest in google anyday over apple...but I guess I don't follow short term trends, rather long-lasting tried-and-true, another reason apple anything costs up the ying-yang and google is free.

Uhhh..... Actually I've worked for the largest pc manufacturer in the world for 14 years. I wouldn't buy one if it only cost $5.00. Mainly because of the operating system. I've owned macs since 1986 and before that Commodores and before that an Adam. So I've been around this for awhile. IMHO, Apple makes far superior products than any other maker and here's why: They control the entire environment. Hardware, software, support, everything. Plus OSX is a unix based operating system. It's extremely stable and secure. I've never had my iMac lock up on me in over 4 years of constant use. Can you say that about a windows system? Plus Apple does not rely on a third party to supply them with an operating system that, if it was on your car you'd get 5 mpg and only drive 10 miles before you had to pull over and restart it. Once pc manufacturers get away from Microsoft, as HP is doing with webOS, they may stand a chance to compete.

Yes pc's may be slightly cheaper than macs, but a Volkswagen is cheaper than a Ferrari too. You get what you pay for.

I don't know about Google stock, but I know that if you had invested a thousand dollars in Apple 8 years ago, you'd have over a million today. BTW, Apple's been around about 30 years longer than google, so come back and talk about long lasting, tried and true, in about 25 years.

This is not about OS X vs Windows or Linux, we are going out of topic.

I think that Ryan will have more for the $ with a Droid. You an sync your contacts, calendar and mail for free, on both pc and macs. I don't know about Verizon, but with TMobile and a Droid you can have web teethering for free too, which is a great feature, considering the coverage of the G network.

You can have the same # of apps to play with. You can sync your iTunes and iPhoto as well, if you use them.

The UI of the iPhone is still better, but the open source format of the Droid platform will make it better in a manner of months.

This is not about OS X vs Windows or Linux, we are going out of topic.

I think that Ryan will have more for the $ with a Droid. You an sync your contacts, calendar and mail for free, on both pc and macs. I don't know about Verizon, but with TMobile and a Droid you can have web teethering for free too, which is a great feature, considering the coverage of the G network.

You can have the same # of apps to play with. You can sync your iTunes and iPhoto as well, if you use them.

The UI of the iPhone is still better, but the open source format of the Droid platform will make it better in a manner of months.

Hardware costs for the phones is relatively equal and pale in comparison to what you will spend in monthly charges over the next 2 years. Verizon does not have free tethering for either platform so that's not a distinguishing feature. Fit and finish of the hardware has to go to iPhone and depending on the Android model it can be close or not so close. I will disagree with Alex and say it will still be another 12-18 months before the Android UI is closer to iOS mostly because by the time 3.1 comes out maybe this fall Apple will release iOS 5 and reset the bar higher yet. The iPhone 4 camera blows away every Android camera I've seen for color and image quality so that's an advantage on the iPhone side. Battery life can be an issue for a number of Android handsets if you are a heavy user. Gaming apps are also an advantage on the iOS platform right now also. Both platforms work with Google services and other email platforms with Android getting a slight advantage on a few Google services (maps and Cloud player come to mind).

I think we will see Apple leap frog Google and Amazon in terms of Cloud music as they are signing actual deals with the music labels instead of daring them to sue. While Netflix is available now on Android it's only on 5 phone models right now because of the DRM ability (lack of) of the Android platform so unless you enjoying rooting and hacking your phone or rip all your own media iOS will have the media edge.

My bottom line is:

iPhone if you want something that just works out of the box with a highly polished user experience and you don't mind paying a nominal amount of money for most apps.

Android is for you if like to tweak the little things and have plenty of patience and time for such things. If you don't mind doing (or have done) some of the heavy lifting in terms of getting media in the proper format and you don't mind having apps and a UI that may not be as polished.

I have had a iphone 3g for just about 2 years now. I did finally upgrade to the os4 on it and it sucked as it was the 3g not the 3gs. We just upgraded about 3 weeks ago and went with the HTC Inspire only because I was told the i phone4 is NOT a 4g device. I did stay with AT&T (which is not my first choice) but mostly because we are grandfathered in to the unlimited data plan which is no longer offered. To be honest with you we are probably going to take the HTC's back this weekend and buy iphones. I personally cannot stand the droid. It is a battery hog, is constantly opening up apps that have to be shut off manually or the battery is drained and the apps IMO are not up to par with the iphone. Now I know that there are good apps for the droid os but I tried to give it a month and am ready to pretty much throw the HTC out the window.....

I have had a iphone 3g for just about 2 years now. I did finally upgrade to the os4 on it and it sucked as it was the 3g not the 3gs. We just upgraded about 3 weeks ago and went with the HTC Inspire only because I was told the i phone4 is NOT a 4g device. I did stay with AT&T (which is not my first choice) but mostly because we are grandfathered in to the unlimited data plan which is no longer offered. To be honest with you we are probably going to take the HTC's back this weekend and buy iphones. I personally cannot stand the droid. It is a battery hog' date=' is constantly opening up apps that have to be shut off manually or the battery is drained and the apps IMO are not up to par with the iphone. Now I know that there are good apps for the droid os but I tried to give it a month and am ready to pretty much throw the HTC out the window.....[/quote']

iOS on the 3G is not a good idea - it works but can be painfully slow. If you take the HTC back get the iPhone 4 as I'm hearing rumors iOS 5 will not go down to the 3GS (might mean Apple learned a lesson from the iOS 4 / 3G combo).

As far as 4G - I would suggest not even paying attention to that as a selling point since A)very few devices support it right now B)it won't be widely deployed for another 12 months and I would be surprised if we see widespread bandwidth upgrades for another 6-12 months after that. The iPhone 4 is a 3.5 G device meaning it has HSDPA and HSUPA (theoretically achieve 7.2 Mbps downloads and 5.8 Mbps uploads depending on the carrier). I have started noticing speed increases around NE PDX in the last month and at time i"m getting 2-3 Mbps down and 1.5 Mbps up - I'm pretty sure this is due to backhaul upgrades to the towers in the area. I've found that even with the average service ATT has in our area I've never thought my mobile data was slow or making me less productive.

Trust me I didn't want to upgrade to the iOS on my 3G but I didn't have a choice. A lot of my apps wouldn't update and the phone pretty much forced me to and yes it was painfully slow.... I just got off the phone with AT&T and we are returning the HTC's tonight or tomorrow. We could have our 3G's turned back on and wait for the iphone 5's but there is not a definite release date yet plus I am pretty sure they will be expensive when released so we are upgrading to the iphone 4's. We have to wait 12 months to upgrade again so maybe the 5's will have come down in price by then :) I would have been possibly willing to keep the HTC's till this fall if I could upgrade to the iphone 5 but they said I have to wait 12 months to upgrade and there is no way I'm keeping this phone that long.

Hey Iphone guys who here has broke the glass screen or back yet??? My main concern on the iphone is durability and camera.

Seems to me the HTC 8mp camera takes better photos than the iphone.

Other than that it seems like a sweet phone.

Hey Iphone guys who here has broke the glass screen or back yet??? My main concern on the iphone is durability and camera.

Seems to me the HTC 8mp camera takes better photos than the iphone.

Other than that it seems like a sweet phone.

Dropped mine several time, although I do have case, no issues.

Most pics I post on here have been taken with my iPhone, actually takes very nice pics and videos.

Archived